Reporting to the Executive Director, Managed Markets, the National Account Manager will be responsible for minimizing and/or removing barriers to access to company products for patients with large national insurers and Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs), leading all contracting efforts with the largest and most influential National customers in the US. Most critically, the NAM is responsible for securing and protecting the best and most profitable access for products and ensuring their market performance with top National Payers/PBMS. The NAM will also be responsible for developing mutually beneficial relationships that align strategically to the business needs of the customer and Vifor Pharma US. In addition, they will be responsible for developing, maintain and executing account business plans that deliver on the described requirements and are utilized to provide strategic insights that influence’s internal stakeholders thought process.
The NAM is also responsible for working with local Vifor Pharma US colleagues to ensure the appropriate level of cross-functional support for their assigned National account. They will develop and execute pull-through objectives by strategically utilizing local resources. Additional responsibilities include, strong leadership and development of national/local strategies through account and market insight, building cohesive account teams comprised of Regional Account Managers and providing Vifor leadership with market and customer intelligence.
The NAM will be directly responsible for the time sensitive market development and implementation of the coverage and reimbursement strategy that will maximize patient access and optimize patiromer profitability. The NAM will be responsible for minimizing and/or removing barriers associated with patient access to company product(s) with target Regional payer accounts. This candidate will manage payer and customer key stakeholder relationships and will work to maintain patient access. This role is critical to the post launch strategy for patiromer with targeted National payer groups including commercial insurers, supporting RAMs with the Regional local affiliates of National payers, and may include some local government entities. Represent the company in the managed market environment from a National perspective.
- Execute managed market initiatives to a high level of achievement
- Demonstrate managed markets knowledge and leadership with both internal stakeholders (RAMs, internal cross functional teams including Marketing, Pricing and Contract Management, Legal, Senior Leadership, MSDs (Medical Scientific Directors), OPs, and Sales Leadership teams) and external stakeholders (payer customers, KOLs, etc.) Show thorough understanding of how policy and formulary decisions are made by each key targeted payer and how best to influence and positively impact these decisions.
- Seek out opportunities for synergy and partnership to achieve both Vifor Pharma US and customer’s goals. Transparent and Pro-Active customer planning.
- Understand and engage in key local, national and international health care issues/trends and best practices to establish credibility beyond the product and therapeutic areas.
- Review and analyze contracted product performance at National and Regional level and communicate account performance broadly with key internal stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate and maintain CRM system so that we build and maintain a data repository of all key payer account profiles and keep the life cycle of account management updated in our electronic database
- Identify & utilize the resources needed to monitor managed market trends & market dynamics
- Work collaboratively with sales, marketing, trade and medical affairs to develop and execute payer marketing strategy based on market research and market dynamics
- Communicate effectively with Senior Leadership and the commercial team on managed market trends and strategy.
- Provide input to payer marketing on overall market strategy including feedback on the “national market strategy"
- Adhere to and effectively communicate contract strategy, contract compliance, development, claims analysis, execution and ongoing tracking and management of contracts for our targeted top national commercial payers and insurers including ROI assessments and scenario planning.
- Seek out opportunities for synergy and partnership to achieve both Relypsa Vifor Pharma US and customer goals through active active and transparent customer planning.
- Understand and engage in key local, national
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience and knowledge, or the equivalent:
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience
- Candidate should have 10 years of proven success in biotech / pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience contract strategy, managed care sales / marketing or related field.
- Previous experience as RAM or NAM
- Past experience and successful track record with large National payers, including PBMS. Existing relationships within these accounts critical
- Proven credibility in gaining accelerated access to key decision makers and influencers with time efficiency
- Extensive managed care and account management experience.
- Highly successful and demonstrated experience implementing pull-through programs.
- Ability to complete projects and achieve goals on time while delivering high quality results.
- Strong communication skills with the established ability to effectively work with diverse audiences and influence cross functionally.
- Ability to fly or drive to target customers up to 70% of the time
- Demonstrated, consistent success as a Sales Leader. Field sales Sr. management/leadership experience preferred (e.g. Regional/National Sales Director).
- Experience working with Medicare Part D
- Experience in cardiovascular, renal, and/or metabolic areas
- Prior track record of either obtaining optimal, profitable access and/or removing access barriers within large National payers