At Vifor Pharma, due to recent positive clinical trial data for one of our key orphan drugs, we are setting up a new team of Medical Science Liaisons who will support the field medical activities associated with our product for treatment of ANCA Vasculitis. As a result, we have a vacancy for an experienced Medical Science Liaison to join us in Italy.
It is an exciting opportunity to be involved in a niche therapy area and be a part of the team taking the product to launch.
As an MSL, you will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and maintain scientific and medical expertise (Orphan disease areas)
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with KOLs, HCPs and professional organisations
- KOL engagement, key account medical support, training and other appropriate activities
- Facilitate scientific engagement, scientific exchange and medical information
- Provide Disease State Education, clinical presentations and respond to medical requests
- Update medical team and other internal stakeholders on medical community interactions
- Provide medical support for patient and formulary access following global and local policies and procedures including liaison with patient associations
- Support the development, implementation and completion of medical activities (advisory boards, congress symposia, hospital meetings and speaker programs)
- Serves as a medical resource for internal medical and sales training
- Support company sponsored clinical research and IIS process
- Attend relevant scientific meetings and conferences and support development of summaries of key data, presentations or symposium
- Ensure compliance with applicable local and global laws, regulations, guidelines and company policies and procedures
As a Medical Science Liaison, you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Deep therapy area knowledge in nephrology, rheumatology or autoimmune diseases
- Demonstrated experience in KOL, HCP or medical community engagement
- Experience in literature review and analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in public scientific presentations and experience in planning and delivering medical trainings
- Experience gained in the pharmaceutical industry and a strong understanding of the healthcare compliance requirements locally and globally
- Strong communication skills and fluency in Italian and English
Doctoral level degree (MD, PharmD or PhD) or MSc in Medical Field (e.g. Pharmacy, Nursing, Chemistry or Biology) with experience in clinical practice, research or pharmaceutical medical affairs within Nephrology, Rheumatology or Autoimmune disease
Availability to travel up to 50% of the time is a must.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please apply by submitting your application including your updated CV.