Vifor Pharma, a world leading Nephrology, Iron Deficiency and Cardio-Renal pharmaceutical company, is experiencing rapid growth due to pipeline realization and optimization. Due to recent and upcoming product launches in the Cardio-Renal space a position has arisen as a Medical Science Liaison to cover Frankfurt and surrounding areas.
In this position, you will represent Medical Affairs externally to establish and maintain medical relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), HCPs and key accounts on behalf of Vifor Pharma Group. You will have experience as a Medical Science Liaison from the pharmaceutical industry and ideally be therapeutically aligned to Cardiology/Renal or internal medicine and have worked cross functionally with colleagues in the region to help bring life changing medicines to market.
Yours tasks will include but not be limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain scientific and medical expertise (Indications and products)
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with KOLs, HCPs and professional organizations
- KOL engagement, key account medical support, training and other appropriate activities
- Facilitate scientific engagement, scientific exchange and medical information
- Provide clinical presentations and respond to medical requests
- Update medical team and other internal stakeholders on medical community interactions
- Support the development, implementation and completion of medical activities (advisory boards, congress symposia, hospital meetings and speaker programs) and attend relevant scientific meetings and conferences
- Serves as a medical resource for internal medical and sales training
- Support company sponsored clinical research and IIS process
- Ensure compliance with applicable local and global laws, regulations, guidelines and company policies and procedures
- Develop personal and professional capabilities to improve skills and professional capabilities
For this role you will need to bring the following requirements:
- MSc in Medical Field (e.g. Pharmacy, Chemistry or Biology)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in research, pharmaceutical medical affairs or clinical practice
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with pharma industry and healthcare compliance requirements locally and globally
- Demonstrated experience in KOL, HCP or medical community engagement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in German and good oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience in public scientific presentations
- Experience in Cardiology, Renal or CKD preferable
We are looking for a strong team player with good communication and networking skills. An entrepreneurial spirit with a humble approach and the ability to influence and persuade stakeholders are important competencies for this role.