Vifor Pharma is currently undergoing unprecedented growth, portfolio expansion and diversification.
This is a truly unique opportunity to take a seat in the launch team for our latest product in the rare disease arena.
In this role you will play a key role in the expansion and transformation of Vifor Pharma, as a Key Account Manager- Rare Disease you will leverage your knowledge of Rare Disease Therapy areas and the account ecosystem complexity, in order to drive change in patient’s journeys e.g. diagnostic procedures, therapeutic decisions, speed to right treatment etc.
The KAM RD role also has responsibility for collaborating with their customers in a customer centric way, in order to optimise patient outcomes and is the first contact for health care professionals of RD-Vasculitis for the territory coordinating all interactions in customer-driven way.
Design and implement value-adding digital projects
- Achieve targets and long term growth through service and product optimization which contributes to improved patient journeys in alignment with Vifor Pharma´s code of conduct and the strictest ethical, compliance and legal standards
- Ensures HCP and all target customers have accurate information which can be reflected in guidelines
- Contributes to the improvement of patient journeys within an account eco system
- Acts as the voice of the customer to the 3M team to create value-adding materials and services
- Partners with the HCP, key customers and internal access team to provide the evidence required to optimise the patient journey
- Drives consent and Opt ins
- Builds and constantly develops in depth knowledge and expertise in key therapeutic areas
- Shares experience with other regions and management team
- Works 80% of time in focus TA’s
- Key point of contact for all customers / centres of expertise (CoEs) within the region and is accountable for the success of the product in the assigned accounts
1. Achieving patient-driven goals:
- Act as an ambassador for Vifor Pharma’s commitment to innovation,
- Identifies pain points and barriers to and within, the Patient Journey and works with the customer to address and overcome them, ensuring best possible outcomes for patients and families
- Identifies where the customer experience can be improved and makes the improvements
- Assists HCP’s with identifying suitable patients, improving the lives of patient with severe, chronic and/or rare diseases
- Secure funding and DSE needed at the hospital level for the product.
- Build and maintain important relationships with key decision makers involved in care delivery and can educate and promote on Vifor Pharma RDBU services (as relevant to the market).
2. Business planning:
- Create KOL maps, map patient flow and building strategies to eliminate / minimize hurdles within the hospital and builds up strong networks between stakeholders
- Uses all data sources to develop and execute an effective account plan (patient identification/selection, choice of therapeutic options, budget allocation, and care coordination with patient support programme) for maximizing performance, adherence and ensuring stakeholder needs are addressed
- Works with the customer to identify and remove barriers to patient access
- Maps and builds relationships with HCP experts outside the hospital environment
- Drive patient identification and market development, by building and executing against account specific plans. Continuously assess sales opportunities within accounts to maintain/grow the business.
3. Leveraging and coordinating resources:
- Collaborates with Marketing, Medical and Market Access teams to gain expert support for projects
- Optimizes strong customer relationships to influence and gain support from the wider customer group
- Strategically network within the cross-functional team to segment and prioritize RD-Vasculitis CoEs (e.g. developing work processes & communication streams) to ensure patients have product access
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong scientific/medical knowledge at Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Has worked in a role with a substantial Medical and/or Market Access component
- Ability to engage, connect and build partnerships with customer remotely.
- Business/Commercial orientation/acumen
- Strong customer focus: demonstrated ability of creating win-win partnerships
- Project Management where tangible success has been achieved
- Enjoys the blend of homeworking & being in the heart of a Clinical setting
- Mastery in influence mapping and using customer influence to gain credibility for projects
- Proven competency in securing funding and healthcare process understanding locally for hospital and retail administered products
- Passionate about rare disease, strong drive and desire for success, result-orientated with proactive cross-functional collaborative approach
- Strong analytical as well as organizational ability, professional presence, self-confidence, self-driven, and a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills English and Spanish
- Worked in a role where you have assessed and made trade-offs between accounts
- Experience with optimising products and services to benefit the appropriate patients
- A role where solid understanding of local healthcare market has driven success
- Demonstrated innovative service ideas to improve patient outcomes
- Currently in rare disease role or specialty experience and established local networks in high unmet need, auto-immune or renal disease areas