Following our mission to become the world leaders in Nephology and Iron Deficiency, Vifor pharma is currently recruiting for an accomplished Business Unit Director to lead our Nephrology business in Austria.
Based in Vienna you will be responsible for the lead of the sales functions which are dedicated to the promotion of our products in selected therapeutic areas of nephrology, as well as providing strategic guidance and support to the marketing function, with respect to specific marketing initiatives for nephrology.
The Business Unit Head Nephrology reports to the Managing Director of Vifor Pharma Austria and is part of the local management team.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Contribute to the strategic and operational company strategy and planning for Vifor Pharma Austria
• Set up competitive short-term and long-term marketing and brand plans
• Deliver country sales, profit and organisational objectives through effective leadership and management of the Nephrology business
• Build and maintain relationships with key national influencers in target disease area and KOL’s to support brand and wider organization
• Manage business unit budget and ensure optimal resource allocation across territories and products
• Drive and ensure successful launches of new products in the local market
• Manage Customer Engagement Manager Team to address local business issues, monitoring and evaluating progress against business objectives
• Ensure fit of organisation with market/customer requirements, allocating resources, priorities and driving organisational changes in string collaboration with sales force effectiveness
• Build, develop and retain strong teams, responsible for personal development of direct reports
• Align with global and local Market Access to define pricing and market access strategies
• Development and implementation of sales incentive plan within the Corporate framework, including setting targets for individual team members
• Ensure that team members are motivated, receive appropriate coaching and development through feedback and regular meetings and field visits
• Ensure excellent communication of the Austria market needs to the wider Vifor organisation
• Live Vifor Values & deliver strong cross-functional collaboration
• Support and monitor activities aligned with HQ and local compliance guidelines
• Master Degree required, preferably in natural science, business administration, or a related field.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry with P&L responsibility
• Experience in marketing and sales of relevant products with respective experience in the field of Nephrology
• Previous successful management of a business unit or larger marketing / sales organization
• Financial and budgeting skills and experience
• Several years in people management (at least 5 years)
• Access knowledge and networking in the country.
• Experience and proved success with launch of new products