The Vice President, Finance will oversee the Accounting, Finance Operations and Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) functions, which includes production of financial reports, internal controls, budgeting, long-range planning, financial analytics, U.S tax, accounts payable, payroll. The Vice President, Finance is as a key business partner with multiple internal constituents. The role also requires frequent interaction with Vifor Pharma, most notably the executive team, other functional managers, partners, i and other members of the Finance organization.
- Leading the Accounting, Finance Operations and Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) functions (as described further below)
- Preparing materials for Vifor Pharma Inc
- Playing key role on several internal committees, including Strategic Leadership, Sales & Operations Planning, Incentive Compensation, Pricing, 401(k)
- Managing multiple policies, including, Expense Reimbursement, Travel & Entertainment, Approval/Signature Authorization
- Partnering with Head of Finance at Vifor Pharma and President North America • US Commercial Operations
- Ensuring that the company’s insurance requirements are adequate to meet the current and forecasted growth of the company
- Coaching, mentoring and developing the careers of the Finance team employees
o Accounting operations and financial systems
o Financial statements that are prepared and completed on a timely basis and in accordance with
o Financial information systems design, implementation, enhancement, monitoring and control
o U.S. Corporate tax reporting and preparation of tax returns
o Internal controls
- Finance Operations
o A/P, billing and A/R
o General Ledger oversight
o Day-to-day banking operations, and other functions
o Payroll and related activities
- Financial Planning & Analysis
o Semi-annual business planning process, including scenario planning, long-range plans and budgets
o Detailed, effective and timely analyses of budgets and long-range forecasts
o Business partnership with Executive Committee and other key management
- Adhoc reporting and analysis for Global requests
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience, and knowledge, or the equivalent:
- BA/BS degree required.
- 15+ years of progressive growth in financial roles in biotechnology/pharmaceutical companies, including at least ten years in leadership roles in a revenue-stage pharmaceutical/biotech company.
- Leadership experience in a publicly traded company required; SOX 404(b) and commercial-stage company experience a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of ERP systems.
- CPA license preferred; MBA preferred.
- Experience with a Big Four certified public accounting firm highly preferred.
East Coast location preferred
As a federal contractor, Vifor Pharma, Inc. is required to comply with Executive Order 14042, which requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 absent a bona fide medical reason, a genuine religious belief, on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements. All employees must be in compliance with Vifor Pharma, Inc.’s COVID-19 vaccine policy at the commencement of their employment.