Reporting to the President US, the Vice President of Market Access is a foundational leader who shapes the company’s commercial future by achieving quality market access to Vifor Pharma’s products, hiring and leading a team of market access professionals, building infrastructure and capabilities, achieving profitable access, managing the pricing and contracting process, and developing and achieving strategic priorities.
Ongoing strategic innovation, cross-functional collaboration, and the development of pricing and market access strategies.
Enhance Market Access strategies, competencies, and capabilities to position Vifor Pharma and Vifor products for profitable Market Access and reimbursement.
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Field Logistics, and Legal to develop and execute integrated product access plans.
- Lead US Market Access Strategy and integrated policy and communications approaches to optimize patient access for therapies.
- Deliver an evidence-based plan to identify core customer needs in order to deliver patient access.
Represent Vifor Pharma US with key internal and external stakeholders to drive Patient Access.
- Collaborate on the development of value-driven optimal pricing strategies and oversee implementation of strategy-consistent pricing activities.
- Provide expert input on the Pricing and Reimbursement system and evolving public policy environment and competitive access landscapes to inform corporate strategy and long-range planning.
- Collaborate with Finance, Legal, and other functions to establish consistent business rules and policies focused on appropriate and compliant reporting; ensure all Market Access activities comply with regulatory agencies, public policies/guidelines, and with corporate policies and procedures.
Attract, develop, and retain a high performing Market Access team.
- Oversee training of cross-functional stakeholders to educate on key market access initiatives, messaging, and materials.
- Map key customers and develop business plans to engage them. Lead external engagement in coordination with internal stakeholders and share insights to inform product strategies.
- Establish and drive key performance metrics, build dashboards, analyze performance, and recommend actions to resolve barriers to drug access.
- Advise commercial and executive leadership on key access policies and reimbursement practices to inform corporate objectives, quantify risks and opportunities, and make recommendations for action.
- Bring an understanding of the payer perspective to product core teams to ensure that payer requirements are adequately met throughout the evidence development and commercial strategy development processes in a timely and accurate fashion.
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience, and knowledge, or the equivalent:
- Proven track record of Market Access success.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience.
- A minimum of 15 years’ progressively responsible experience within managed markets, trade, reimbursement, and marketing related functions.
- Requires 10 or more years’ directly and progressively responsible experience related to the managed care industry, including negotiations with commercial and public plans, trade channel experience, HUB, IDN distribution, and a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role.
- Experience successfully launching new products, achieving formulary access and market share objectives.
- Competitive market experience.
- Extensive knowledge of reimbursement terminology and managed care and healthcare policy, including comprehensive understanding of standard managed contract language.
- Demonstrated success building organizations and creating and leading high-performing teams.