• Monitor the effectiveness of the company’s healthcare compliance program and related activities on a continuing basis to identify trends and take appropriate steps to improve the program’s effectiveness.
• Develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of compliance issues, trends and identified risks.
• Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk for the company and collaborate with functional leaders to strengthen our practices as appropriate in order to mitigate risk.
• Prepare periodic reports for members of senior management and other stakeholders regarding the company’s compliance efforts, risks, and effectiveness.
• Oversee, manage, and be responsible for Federal Sunshine reporting as well as any state reporting requirements.
• Manage the company’s compliance reporting hotline in accordance with the company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, government guidelines, and industry best practices.
The U.S. HCO (Senior Corporate Counsel / U.S. Healthcare Compliance Officer) will be responsible for the continued development, implementation, and oversight of Vifor Pharma, Inc.’s compliance program. Specific responsibilities include policy and process implementation, leading effective training programs, conducting internal monitoring, directing investigations and corrective actions as needed, advising on various risk management discussions to help ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, industry guidance and company policy.
The U.S. HCO will work closely with the management team, peers, global colleagues, and cross-functional leaders to lead and support compliance and business initiatives, to raise the level of awareness of compliance in our company, and to foster a company culture that embraces compliance as a core value and a key factor in business decisions.
The U.S. HCO will continue to review and evolve Vifor Pharma, Inc.’s compliance program based on internal needs and regulatory enforcement in the industry, and will proactively update policies, procedures, and controls accordingly. The U.S. HCO will analyze and interpret applicable laws, regulations, and related compliance landscape to provide practical, timely solutions to meet business needs.
This position reports into the U.S. General Counsel, with a dotted line to the Global Chief Compliance Officer in Switzerland.
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience, and knowledge, or the equivalent:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Overall, 10 years of experience as a healthcare compliance professional, with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience advising clients on compliance in the life sciences industry.
• Experience in the development, initiation, maintenance, and revision of policies and procedures.
• Experiences in designing and implementing activities to help detect and prevent illegal, unethical, or inappropriate conduct.
• Experience in conducting and managing investigative processes.
• Demonstrated experience working with other compliance professionals, senior business leaders, attorneys, law enforcement professionals, and regulators.
As a federal contractor, Vifor Pharma, Inc. is required to comply with Executive Order 14042, which requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 absent a bona fide medical reason, a genuine religious belief, on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements. All employees must be in compliance with Vifor Pharma, Inc.’s COVID-19 vaccine policy at the commencement of their employment.