Reporting to the Vice President, Market Access, this position is responsible for the entirety of the company’s strategic contract operations and governance in the United States.
- Lead the strategy insights around pricing and rebate implications (both gross and net) for the US organization.
- Provide strategic US insights to Vifor Pharma for WAC price change recommendations, including the lifecycle management for Veltassa (market evolution, label changes, etc.)
- Develop and manage company governance decision making process for all WAC and contract price approvals.
- Assist in development of Managed Markets net price strategies to support brand and segment initiatives, including contract strategy and market segment strategies.
- Work closely with Head of Managed Markets and Head of Trade & Distribution to ensure appropriate disclosure of pricing, accurate price communications to stakeholders, and support for other functions as it relates to pricing and contracting.
- Team with the Head of Marketing, Head of Strategic Insights & Analytics, and the internal Finance organization to ensure an aligned approach to pricing, pricing changes, contracting and the resulting financial impact
- Manage the drug listing process, and all pricing announcements
Lead Contract Management Efforts to include:
- Contract Development process for all payer segments.
- Contract setup and execution in CGPV systems.
- Contract payment process
- Develop standard report formats for contract and rebate payment information
Oversee Government Pricing & Reporting to include:
- The operations of the designated CGPV to ensure accurate and timely calculation and reporting of mandated federal and state government price points
- Develop and maintain communication and feedback loop to support government price calculations
- Develop and execute price calculation reviews to include known system changes, policy and procedure changes, and pricing and contracting changes
- Manage required certification of AMP and other mandated government price points
- Direct activities to ensure accurate and timely delivery of required data to CGPV for all government mandated pricing programs
- Develop and execute business reviews of vendor operations
- Manage dispute resolution process for any disputed rebate claims
- Manage government price impact report
- Resolution of CGPV and/or government questions and issues for calculation and reporting of government price points
- Manage government information requests or audits of company government price reporting
- Align with CGPV to ensure training and education of relevant company personnel for government price reporting requirements, changes in legislation, and needed policies and procedures
- Assist Finance in development of rebate accrual forecast, including detail assessment of the required gross to net reporting, and review of rebate actual payments against forecast.
- Support special projects as needed
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience and knowledge, or the equivalent:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with business or finance concentration, or comparable experience
- Minimum 12 years pharma, biotech experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with pricing and contracting in the pharmaceutical/biotech market, including a minimum of three years in strategic pricing function, and demonstrated experience with contracting in commercial, Part D, Medicaid, FSS, and PHS
- Demonstrated strategic mindset, with the ability to piece together disparate elements impacting price, customer decisions, competitive landscape, etc. to arrive at a cohesive decision/recommendation
- Working knowledge of US accounting rules, gross to net reporting, and overall sound finance acumen
- Analytic skill working closely with data, vendors, customers and contracts to resolve operational issues
- Experience managing, building and developing a team
- Experience working with or in the realm of the calculation and reporting of mandated government prices
- MBA or MSA
- Working in Managed Markets or other Market Access functions