The Regional Account Manager (RAM) is responsible for access and reimbursement of Vifor Pharma US products across all key Regional payer and health system accounts within a defined geography. They will serve as the lead point of contact for all Vifor Pharma US related business within their assigned accounts. Most critically, the RAM is responsible for understanding the distinct market dynamics within their geography, for securing and protecting the best and most profitable access for products, and ensuring their market performance through contracting and pull-through. In this position, the RAM has an innate customer-driven perspective that drives the execution of the strategy and tactics. The RAM can think outside the box, understanding that traditional solutions do not always solve new business challenges, while operating in an environment that is committed to behaving in an ethical and compliant manner. The RAM will also be responsible for developing mutually beneficial relationships that align strategically to the business needs of the account and Vifor, and is responsible for developing, maintaining, and executing account business plans that deliver on set business goals and objectives.
Because Health Care is delivered locally, the role of the RAM is critical to the success of Vifor Pharma US. The RAM will be responsible for dissecting and understanding the complexity and nuances of their assigned geography with varied customer type. The RAM is also responsible for working with local Vifor Pharma US colleagues to ensure the appropriate level of cross-functional support for accounts in a defined geography. They will lead the development and execution of pull-through objectives by strategically utilizing approved resources. Additional responsibilities include developing local strategies through account and market insight, and providing Vifor Pharma US leadership with market and account intelligence. This role inspires passion across direct and cross-functional teams.
Including, but not limited to the following:
- Manage a set of designated Regional key accounts within a defined geography to achieve agreed upon business objectives. This would include payers and health systems/IDNs. Minimize and/or remove barriers associated with patient access to company products.
- Market development and implementation of the coverage and reimbursement strategy in a time-sensitive manner that will maximize patient access and optimize product profitability in their defined geography.
- Develop and grow business partnerships and ensure profitable formulary acceptance of Vifor Pharma US products to achieve performance goals within assigned accounts. Develop product strategy with Regional payers and Health Systems, including regional and local affiliates of National payers and some local government entities.
- Analyze and understand local environment, account business, and align Vifor Pharma US priorities to create account plans that deliver results that contribute to the defined business goals and objectives.
- Monitor progress in accounts and modify action plans as appropriate (monitor account contacts, plan execution, profit, value, volume growth, and market share).
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Key C-Suite and decision-makers within an account (CEO, CFO, CMO, Dir. of Pharmacy, Dir. of Quality, Industry Relations, etc.) to ensure favorable access and reimbursement for Vifor Pharma US products and ensure that they are in alignment with account plan.
- Seek out opportunities for synergy and partnership to achieve mutually beneficial goals for Vifor Pharma US and the account through active and transparent account planning with stakeholders.
- Understand the business landscape and engage in key local, national, and international health care issues/strategies, account issues/trends, and best practices to establish credibility beyond product and therapeutic areas.
- Co-develop and manage execution of jointly developed account initiatives (holding account and Vifor Pharma US responsible for plan execution).
- If applicable, develop and manage mutually beneficial product contracts.
- Provide leadership to internal and external matrix teams to support strong relationships with key regional accounts. Actively maintain open communication throughout the organization, especially regarding cross-region and cross-functional account efforts and pull-through initiatives.
- Effectively communicate and maintain CRM system so that we build and maintain a data repository of all key payer account profiles and keep the life cycle of account management updated in our electronic database
- Identify & utilize the resources needed to monitor managed market trends & market dynamics.
- Work collaboratively with sales, marketing, trade, and medical affairs to develop and execute payer marketing strategy based on market research and market dynamics.
- Adhere to and effectively communicate contract strategy, contract compliance, development, claims analysis, execution and ongoing tracking and management of contracts for commercial payers and insurers, including ROI assessments and scenario planning.
- “Own” and build strong customer relationships for successful account management that are aligned with the company’s strategic plan. Customer relationships to include: Quality, Pharmacy, Procurement, Medical, and allied support functions.
- Adhere to relevant regulatory and Vifor Pharma US compliance guidelines.
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience, and knowledge, or the equivalent:
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience.
- Candidate should have 8+ years of proven success in biotech / pharmaceutical industry (large account management experience is preferred) that includes:
Able to travel to target customers up to 70% of the time.Experience in account management of multi-state IDNs and/or IDNs or GPOs with national scope.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in contract strategy, managed care sales/marketing/IDN/Health Systems, or related field.
- Proven credibility in gaining accelerated access to key decision makers and influencers with time efficiency.
- Strong understanding of the US healthcare landscape, policy, and reimbursement.
- Success in building relationships with key contacts in highly matrixed organizations.
- Success in implementing system-wide initiatives, including formulary process.
- Business plan development and execution in a long-term sales cycle.
- Experience negotiating and implementing customer contracts.
- Experience delivering value propositions and using health economic models.
- Demonstrated, consistent success as a Sales Leader preferred (i.e., 2nd Line Regional Sales Director of Sales Leaders; District/Division Sales Manager of front-line sales professionals).
- Experience working with Medicare Part D.
- Experience in cardiovascular, renal, and/or metabolic areas.