CSL Vifor is currently undergoing unprecedented growth, portfolio expansion and diversification. At this time to support the launch of our rare disease drug in Italy we are looking for an experienced sales professional in South Italy (Rome or Naples)
This is a truly unique opportunity to take a seat in the launch team for our latest product in the rare disease arena as a Rare Disease Manager (RDM) for Italy.
The role holder will use their knowledge of Rare Disease Therapy areas and the account ecosystem complexity to drive change in patient’s journeys’. Diagnostic procedures, therapeutic decisions, speed to right treatment etc.
The RDM is pivotal in supporting the pre-launch, launch and commercial planning, execution, and operational rollout of the rare disease assets across their defined territory. Pre-launch activities are limited to forecasting, strategic planning, prioritization, and internal launch preparation. No promotional activities are to take place before regulatory approval.
The RDM will drive localization of strategic execution, delivering patient uptake and sales by adopting a key account management philosophy with key treatment and referral centers and ensuring local reimbursement is unlocked. The RDM will be the commercial point of contact for all customers across the defined territory, utilizing an omnichannel approach to manage them accordingly.
- Deliver sales budget with focus on top Tier key accounts / centers of expertise (CoEs), tracking and managing performance according to business plan objectives and KPIs in alignment with Vifor Pharma´s code of conduct and the strictest ethical, compliance and legal standards
- Develop, lead and execute the local territory plan with specific goals and targets across the territory.
- Close collaboration with market access functions to ensure patients can access therapy at the local level.
- Encourage an Insight driven culture where customer insights, data, dashboards, and CRM tools are used to guide effective business decisions. Allowing strategic development and tactical implementation to remain relevant, meaningful, and commercially advantageous.
- Create a high-performance cross functional team environment based on alignment with a common values and vision based on a foundation of trust and respect.
- Consistently conduct business analyses, develop, and maintain a current business plan, and contribute to the development of affiliate Rare Disease Local Launch Readiness (LLR) plans.
- Develop and roll out key customer engagement philosophy and be the local orchestrator / owner of high priority key account plans.
- Maintain exceptional knowledge of the customer, related markets and disease states competitive products and the broader healthcare marketplace.
- Ensure the customer experience is exemplary, where customers seek Vifor out as the partner of choice for creating access to Vifor medicines in those patients who would benefit.
- Input to co-creation of country planning, initiatives & tools
- Close collaboration with local field based medical team.
- Ensures HCP and all target customers have accurate information which can be reflected in guidelines
- Contributes to the improvement of patient journeys within an account eco system
- Acts as the voice of the customer to the 3M team to create value-adding materials and services
- Drives consent and Opt ins
- Builds and constantly develops in depth knowledge and expertise in key therapeutic areas
- Shares experience with other regions and management team
- Key point of contact for all customers / centres of expertise (CoEs) within the region and is accountable for the success of the product in the assigned accounts
Key Measures of Success
- Sales performance in TA
- Market penetration of products
- Achieve or exceed all other targets related to performance
- Customer satisfaction based on patient impact
- Services all stakeholders in the account
- Positive impact on patient journey
- Cross functional collaboration to achieve results
- Development and execution of omni channel activities according to plan
The goal is to provide an exceptional and seamless customer centric experience, providing information on CSL Vifor Pharma products, services, and relevant disease areas to improve the patient journey within an account
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong scientific/medical knowledge at Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Has previous sales / Key Account Manager experience in the field of Rare Disease
- Previous drug launch experience in rare disease or high value specialty medicine
- Ability to engage, connect and build partnerships with customer remotely.
- Business/Commercial orientation/acumen
- Entrepreneurial Attitude
- Strong customer focus: demonstrated ability of creating win-win partnerships
- Project Management where tangible success has been achieved
- Mastery in influence mapping and using customer influence to gain credibility for projects
- Passionate about rare disease, strong drive and desire for success, result-orientated with proactive cross-functional collaborative approach
- Strong analytical as well as organizational ability, professional presence, self-confidence, self-driven, and a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills in Italian & English
- Worked in a role where they have assessed and made trade-offs between accounts
- Experience with optimizing products and services to benefit the appropriate patients
- A role where solid understanding of local healthcare market has driven success
- Demonstrated innovative service ideas to improve patient outcomes
- Prior experience in Nephrology and Rheumatology target groups