Vifor Pharma, a world leading Nephrology, Iron Deficiency and Cardio-Renal pharmaceutical company, is experiencing rapid growth due to pipeline realization and optimization.
We are currently looking for a Global Business Planning & Market Insights Lead – Rare Diseases in our Global Commercial Excellence Team based in Glattbrugg. In this role you will be responsible for driving the strategic & tactical analysis plan for specific launch and pipeline products within our Rare Disease portfolio, with the goal of generating actionable insights for the business.
This role will require a high level of cross functional interaction, particularly with the Global Brand Teams, with whom you will be a trusted partner. As such, you will be a great communicator, able to move between technical and non-technical discussions, as well as being able to translate business needs into actionable items.
You will ideally have experience within primary market research, forecasting and competitive intelligence within an innovative pharmaceutical / biotech/ consultancy environment. Key drivers must be business excellence and thriving in a lean but motivated group.
Your tasks and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Partnering closely with the Global Brand Team as a trusted advisor
- Leading the development of insights generation / business analysis plans
- Providing insights and recommendations on markets, competitors, customers & patient landscapes to support the assessment of business opportunities
- Developing forecasting models and leading the assessment of business opportunities
- Managing overall market research / business analysis processes and ensuring adherence to compliance and safety regulations
- Defining and tracking relevant KPIs
- Managing and tracking market research budget and vendors
- Managing competitive intelligence and competitive landscape analyses
- Integrating insights across market research, competitive intelligence, forecasting, and other insights to generate a comprehensive understanding of the market
- Leads some key strategic initiatives for assigned brand/s (e.g. TA prioritization assessment, LCM opportunities, etc.)
- Drives the development of innovative solutions to complex, unstructured problems
- Develops presentations and communications with clear storylines as well as concise conclusions and recommendations for the organization and brands
- Proactively educates, shares information and acts as an experienced resource and advisor across the brand portfolio
- Constantly seeks opportunities to bring into Vifor innovative concepts, methodologies, and approaches
Your strong communication skills and creative, open-minded personality allow you to engage, inspire and influence people at all organizational levels with future-oriented ideas and concepts. You are willing to learn new approaches and adapt well to change, leading by example and working well in a team.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in top tier consulting company and/or in strategic planning/ analytics/insights roles in the Pharma/Biopharma industry
- 3 years of relevant experience in a top tier consulting company a plus
- Experience in supporting business development opportunities and/or international product launches with Market Insights / Business Planning
- Expertise in building forecast models / business cases
- Rigorous research skills and experience with primary market research methods / techniques (quantitative and qualitative), including knowledge of questionnaire design, data analysis techniques and statistics
- Excellent reporting and communication skills, e.g. the ability to evaluate, interpret and present highly complex data
- Strong time and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple initiatives simultaneously and work under pressure
- Structured and diligent but also agile and proactive work approach
- Experience negotiating, influencing, coaching and advising both teams and leaders to develop impactful solutions
- Professional level in English, both in oral and in written communications
Your strong analytical skills combined with your rigorous research, synthesis and sense-making capabilities enable you to thrive on complex and ambiguous scenarios. You examine and understand issues from multiple perspectives, readily seeing interrelationships and cause-and-effect relationships, taking a systematic approach to successfully resolving all issues. You have demonstrated the ability to anticipate and solve problems e.g. evaluate, interpret and present highly complex data. You show a clear mindset for agile ways of working & have a proactive drive to negotiate, influence, coach and advice teams and leaders to develop impactful solutions