Location: United States - Redwood City
The Vice President, Market Access will be a foundational commercial leader who will contribute to shaping the future of Relypsa as a commercial organization. He/she will be responsible for hiring & leading a team of market access professionals, building infrastructure & capabilities, achieving profitable access, managing the pricing and contracting process, and developing and achieving strategic priorities.
This position will require a strong leader with diverse experience, broad capabilities, superior cross-functional collaboration skills, exceptional commercial acumen, and the ability to operate at a strategic as well as tactical level.
The primary objective is to achieve quality market access to Relypsa’s lead Compound Veltassa for patients with Hyperkalemia.
- Build and deploy the US Market Access Strategy and integrated policy and communications approaches to optimize patient access for Relypsa therapies
- Develop an evidence-based plan, informed by market research and advisory boards to identify core customer needs, with the goal of optimizing patient access for Relypsa therapies
- Collaborate on the development of value-driven optimal pricing strategies and oversee implementation of pricing activities consistent with the strategy
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Field Logistics and Legal to develop and execute integrated product access plans to ensure affordable, timely coverage
- Map key customers and develop business plans to engage them. Lead external engagement in coordination with internal stakeholders and share insights to inform product strategies
- Establish and drive key performance metrics, build dashboards, analyze performance and recommend actions to resolve barriers to drug access
- Advise commercial and executive leadership on key access policies and reimbursement practices to inform corporate objectives, quantify risks and opportunities and make recommendations for action
- Bring an understanding of the payer perspective to product core teams to ensure that payer requirements are adequately met throughout the evidence development and commercial strategy development processes in a timely and accurate fashion
- Provide expert view on the Pricing and Reimbursement system and evolving public policy environment and competitive access landscapes to inform corporate strategy and long-range planning
- Oversee training of cross-functional stakeholders to educate on key market access initiatives, messaging and materials
- Collaborate with Finance, Legal, and other functions to establish consistent business rules and policies focused on appropriate and compliant reporting and ensure all Market Access activities comply with regulatory agencies, public policies/guidelines, and with corporate policies and procedures
Qualifications and Capabilities:
- A minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible experience within managed markets, trade, reimbursement and marketing related functions.
- Requires 8 or more years directly and progressively responsible experience related to managed care industry, including negotiations with commercial and public plans, trade channel experience, HUB, IDN, distribution and a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role.
- Experience successfully launching new products, achieving formulary access and market share objectives.
- Competitive market experience
- Demonstrated ability and success developing and executing strategy through expert understanding of market and industry
- Extensive knowledge of reimbursement terminology, managed care and healthcare policy, including comprehensive understanding of standard managed contract language
- Demonstrated success building organizations, creating and leading high performing teams
- Adept at creating and communicating a clear vision among direct reports, effectively aligning resources and motivating teams to achieve goals
- Demonstrated analytical abilities and proficient planning and negotiating skills
- Problem solving orientation with strong strategic and analytical abilities, diplomacy, negotiation and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Mentor department team members
- Strategic capability, able to assess a range of variables including market trends and opportunities, in order to recommend near term course refinement and input to long-term strategies.
- Ability to effectively collaborate cross-functionally with both internal and external partners
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, dynamic small-company environment
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Relypsa is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Relypsa, Inc., a Vifor Pharma Group company, is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of late-stage medicines in the iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapeutic areas. Relypsa is committed to delivering innovative therapies and improving the lives of patients with serious and life-threatening conditions that are often overlooked and undertreated. The Companys first medicine, Veltassa® (patiromer) for oral suspension, was approved by the U.S. FDA in October 2015, making it the first approved medicine for the treatment of hyperkalemia in more than 50 years. More information is available at www.relypsa.com or check out our LinkedIn page.