Location: United States - Redwood City
Function: Clinical Operations
This position will provide administrative and clinical trial assistance and support to Clinical Operations, Clinical Development, Biometrics, and Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance. This position reports to the Head of Clinical Operations in the United States.
1. Core Responsibilities Include:
• Meeting management:
o Routine – scheduling meetings with employees and outside vendors/consultants, ordering food for meetings as appropriate, greeting guests at the front desk when they are attending meetings, preparing copies for meetings, etc.
o Proactive calendar management – identifying meeting conflicts and rescheduling meetings as appropriate
o Offsite meeting logistics – including finding/booking offsite meeting space, group block of hotel space, catering arrangements, ground transportation, etc.
• Expense Reports – preparing and submitting expense reports for approval as appropriate
• Travel – coordinating air/train, hotel, ground transportation as needed for team members and consultants where appropriate
• Representing Relypsa in interactions with outside consultants, thought leaders and vendors
• Purchase Order (PO) Management– setting up purchase orders for internal routing; proactively managing these processes and correspondence needed to get them through the system in a timely manner
• New Hire On-boarding – create and maintain a file of all relevant contact and location information to help new hires get on-boarded and generally be on-point to answer administrative questions for team members
• Drafting and/or typing notes from meetings, creating file folders, and creating spreadsheets as needed
• Create/format PowerPoint and Visio presentations
• Provide document management support including activities such as proofreading, scanning, printing, labeling, filing, and shipping
• Coordinate work internally with the Administrative Assistant team, and provide backup to as needed
• Provide other project–based assistance as needed
2. Clinical Study Responsibilities Include:
• Processing of clerical and study management tasks.
• Setup, file, and maintain clinical trial files and tracking tools.
• Record minutes during meetings.
• Prepare documents for mass mailings.
• Other administrative tasks related to the conduct of clinical studies.
• Associates Degree or comparable experience; BA/BS degree preferred
• 5+ years of working as an administrative assistant; experience working as an administrative assistant specifically in the pharma/biotech is desirable
• Able to demonstrate basic knowledge of clinical development
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; must speak and write English fluently
• Ability to effectively communicate with management at all levels
• Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information
• Mastery of Microsoft Office programs (e.g. word, excel) and Outlook (calendar management program); experience working with MS Visio and Concur (travel/expense system) is desirable
• Basic computer skills in Windows; experience with scanners and copiers
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly visible and dynamic environment is critical; able to work effectively with ambiguity and incomplete information
• Able to coordinate and work with other departments in a team environment
• Detail oriented, able to multi-task and set priorities
• Comply with departmental SOPs and GCP/ICH guidelines.
As an employee of Relypsa, you will actively contribute to the development of potential new products. We provide opportunities for all employees to collaborate, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs and stock options reflect Relypsa’s high regard for our employees.
NOTE: This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Relypsa is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.