Location: Italy - Rome
Function: Medical Affairs
Company: Vifor Pharma
We are currently hiring a Medical Lead Renal Orphan Drugs for our dynamic Global Medical Affairs team. In this role you will be a key player to ensure the development of the medical affairs strategy of the renal orphan drugs portfolio and operationalization of this strategy in Italy. In addition to strategic and operational planning; leadership of all medical affairs activities for the targeted indications in Italy including support of reimbursement applications.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide medical affairs leadership for the Orphan drug therapeutic area in Italy
- Ensure the development and execution of Italy medical plan in support of best clinical practices and overall objectives aligned with Global
- Medical Affairs plans and brand strategic plan (developed jointly
- Medical, Marketing and Market Access
- Provide medical leadership, insight and strategy to all VFMCRP/VIT activities, collaborating across functions
- Lead the implementation of medical affairs practices to assess new indications, the treating community, patient pathways, identifying patients for clinical research and to develop a thorough understanding of the disease area
- Support and advise cross-functional teams to ensure patient-focused activities at all times
- Initiate and support medical affairs activities, such as KOL engagement (advisory boards, professional organizations), medical education, medical publications and new data generation including investigator initiated research
- Support reimbursement applications in Italy through development of appropriate medical documents and provision of medical expertise with internal and external partners for HTA process.
- Medical leadership of early access programs in Italy including liaison with KOL experts and program design, implementation and analysis
We would like to welcome the following experience and skills for the role:
- Medical (M.D.) or Scientific education (Ph.D., Pharm. D.)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry (Medical Affairs or Clinical Development)
- Medical experience with Orphan Drugs/specialized technologies
- Previous direct experience with HTA applications and management of early access programs in Italy
- Demonstrated availability to accurately and effectively evaluate medical scientific literature. Knowledge of study design and conduct
- Proven relationship building skills with key opinion leaders
- Understanding of medical aspects of therapeutic area along with willingness to develop in-depth expertise
- Experience of working with commercial and market access teams as well a strong focus on patient centricity and safety
- Professional level in English, both in oral and in written communications
- Excellent user of Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Your strong core Medical Affairs skills, your entrepreneurial spirit and customer orientation will help you to build relationships across the business and support the strategy to achieve our business goals. Thanks to your outstanding analytical skills, Medical and scientific excellence you will communicate effective with stakeholders at all levels and become a trusted member of the Medical Affairs team.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.