Location: Switzerland - Meyrin/Geneva
Function: Medical Affairs
Company: OM Pharma
Due to an internal promotion, we are looking for a new Head Medical Affairs for OM Pharma. In this position, you report directly to the Head of Scientific Affairs and lead the Global Medical Affairs team of 8-9 people. Your role is to develop global strategy and ensure its implementation for OM Pharma products’ portfolio. Your responsibilities include:
- Lead Global Medical Affairs Team of OM Pharma, including the regional Medical Affairs Managers as direct reports
- Provide medical and scientific expertise, leadership and support for benefit / risk management
- Act as partner with other departments in the development of the Global Brand Strategy and Execution
- Ensure execution of the regional medical plans
- Drive Medical Brand strategies and activities through the Global Brand Teams
- Ensure development and implementation of global KOL plans in close cooperation with regional and local medical teams and development of sustainable interaction with global KOLs and critical external audience (including Advisory Board, advocacy group/medical societies, educational programs)
- Sign off Medical Affairs activities for the brand
- Support Global Medical Brand leads for development and implementation of the Global Brand Publication plan
- Provide input and guidance on study protocols to investigators for IITs
- Review and approve for consistency and compliance educational and promotional materials according to PDs and regulations
- Ensure Global Medical Training with respect to the assigned OM Pharma brands is done
- Manage Medical Affairs performance metrics and budget for the OM Pharma franchise
For this role, we are looking for a candidate with scientific and medical excellence who demonstrates excellent leadership, communication and presentations skills, bringing the following competencies:
- Medical Education (MD) or Life Sciences Education (PhD)
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry in Medical Affairs at global level
- Proven experience in direct people management with strong leadership
- Proven relationship building skills with Key Opinion Leaders
- Knowledge of commercialization and business practices, as well as in Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Development and Drug Safety
- Ability to travel regularly (up to 30% of the time)
- Fluency in English both in written and oral conversation. Any additional language is an asset
You demonstrate a strong customer orientation and have the ability to continuously expand the market and the scientific knowledge. You are an innovative, determined and assertive person, who is able to recognize links between commercial opportunities and clinical development needs. You like to coach people to achieve performance and feel comfortable in a leader position, where you make decisions and define new strategies. Furthermore, your negotiation ability, analytical skills and strategic thinking enable you to examine and understand issues from multiple points of view and to easily influence others.
You are looking for a new challenge, where your entrepreuneurial mindset is seen as an added-value.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global pharmaceutical company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions.The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma. With its unique expertise in the field of immunology, OM Pharma develops and manufactures infectious diseases/OTX products for respiratory tract infections, lower urinary tract infections, ear care, abdominal distension, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, chronic venous insufficiency, diabetic retinopathy, haemorrhoids, menometrorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding).
For more information about Vifor Pharma and its parent company Galenica, please visit www.viforpharma.com and www.galenica.com.