Location: Switzerland - Glattbrugg/Zurich
Function: Medical Affairs
Company: Vifor Pharma
In this critical role, we are seeking an experienced Medical Affairs professional to oversee all ongoing company-supported Investigator Initiated Studies (IIS) and Phase IV research. In the position of Head IIS and Phase IV Research, Centre of Excellence, you will report to the Global Lead Medical Centre of Excellence. Your tasks will also include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Act as Chair of the Protocol Research Board (PRB) to lead and manage all activities related to the PRB
- Develop and implement strategy for company support of IISs aligned with Global Medical Leads
- Develop and implement concepts for training of Global and Country Medical Affairs staff on compliant support and follow-up of IISs
- Develop and maintain relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), specifically those involved in company-sponsored clinical studies or IISs
- Facilitate contract alignment between Vifor Legal and investigators and/or institutions on IISs and Phase IV research
- Regular communication within the organisation regarding status of ongoing company-supported IISs and Phase IV research
- Collaborate with Clinical Development and Clinical Operations colleagues on Vifor-sponsored Phase IV studies
We are seeking an experienced professional bringing and MD, PharmD or PhD in a relevant scientific field in addition to the following experience:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry, including Medical Affairs and/or Clinical Development at a country or HQ level
- Demonstrated ability to accurately assess and provide guidance on appropriate study design and conduct
- Proven experience working and building relationships with KOLs
- Professional level in English, both in oral and in written communications
- Excellent user of Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), experience working with IIS tools will be a strong asset
You bring vast experience in Medical Affairs activities, and demonstrate medical and scientific excellence in investigator and/or company sponsored research.. You work effectively in cross-functional teams, demonstrating strong teamwork skills in a multicultural environment, with the ability to champion ideas at both local and international level. You apply entrepreneurial thinking and spirit and readily examine and understand issues from multiple perspectives; identifying inter-relationships and taking a systematic approach to successfully resolving issues. You display strong organisation skills, deliver to commitments in a timely manner, while maintaining a strong customer orientation. You act as a role model for others in line with Vifor Pharma values.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.