Location: Switzerland - Glattbrugg/Zurich
Function: Medical Affairs
Company: Vifor Pharma
We are seeking an experienced Medical Affairs professional to set the strategy and serve as the Subject Matter Expert for Medical Education within Vifor Pharma. In the position of Global Lead, Medical Education, you will report to the Global Head Medical Centre of Excellence. Your tasks will also include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Drive the development of educational needs assessment to identify knowledge, competence, and performance gaps for Health Care Professionals, also taking future trends into account
- Deliver an annual medical education plan that contributes to the each Global Brand Medical Plan and strategic Global Medical Affairs
- Update and educate on medical education procedures and guidelines, in line with international standards and requirements
- Collaborate with countries and regions to understand local medical education requirements and standards
- Establish and implement a Medical Education communication tool to inform Vifor Pharma colleagues about ongoing Medical Education activities
- Attend key scientific conferences and internal educational meetings, as needed, to engage with Key Opinion Leaders, meet medical education partners, gather competitive insights and support the execution of Vifor Pharma Medical Education programs
- Align with legal, compliance, privacy and transparency on Medical Education activities
- Oversee the development of scientific and educational materials for internal use and for external scientific engagement
- Maintain the awareness of industry best practices and ensure compliance with relevant guidance (i.e. PhRMA, ACCME, FDA, OIG, CMS, etc) to ensure the delivery of high quality and compliant programs
The ideal candidate holds a Doctoral level degree in a Medical or Scientific field in addition to the following experience:
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry in Medical Communications or Medical Education, preferably including 5 years in an EU Regional or Global role
- Experience driving larger scale multi-channel educational activities
- Knowledge of relevant global regulations and industry codes, experience with local regulations would be an advantage
- Professional English language skills, orally and in writing
- Excellent user of Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with regulatory, safety and legal implications of Medical Affairs activities, e.g. experience with compliance regulations, is preferred
- Experience setting the Medical Communications strategy on the EU level for a wide variety of programs is preferred
You bring vast experience in Medical Affairs activities and demonstrate medical and scientific excellence, with broad and continually expanding knowledge in both. You are able to decide on action and take full responsibility, taking calculated risks and generating activity. You openly consult others, understand multiple perspective and adapt your approach to your audience. You demonstrate strong persuading and influencing skills; making an impact, gaining agreement, promoting ideas and managing conflict, effectively. You act as a role model for others in line with Vifor Pharma values.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.