Location: United States - Field based
This employee will serve in a field-based, customer-focused role working collaboratively with cross-functional partners including sales, trade, and managed markets to navigate the reimbursement landscape and ensure appropriate patient access to current and future products in the Relypsa portfolio.
- Exciting opportunity to support an innovative medication for an unmet need. The position will provide a unique leadership role with the primary focus of maximizing patient access to Relypsa’s product Veltassa (patiromer).
- This field-based, non-promotional role within Market Access will report to a regional Field Logistics Director and actively contribute to patient access to our medicine.
- The North Texas/Heartland territory includes N. Texas (Dallas/Fort Worth), N. Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, Colorado, and W. Missouri (Kansas City/Springfield).
- The access platform for Veltassa will provide important reimbursement, product access assistance and adherence to healthcare professionals and patients attempting to obtain the product. The Field Logistics Manager will be responsible for educating healthcare providers and assisting them navigate our access platform to ensure patients receive our medicine in a timely manner.
- Subject matter experts in educating and problem-solving patient access issues and assisting Relypsa customers to better understand how our assistance programs can help patients access our medicine in a convenient and expeditious fashion.
- Liaising seamlessly with all Relypsa internal and external stakeholders including customer access services, specialty pharmacies, and other field-based teams while supporting patient access.
- Interacting and educating key stake holders within physician practices and hospital outpatient facilities.
- Assisting with the resolution of reimbursement and patient access issues.
- Providing live access and reimbursement education to healthcare professionals.
- Delivering information on relevant reimbursement topics related to the use of our medicine.
- Linking with territory account managers, the specialty pharmacy team, access support programs and national and regional managers to resolve local payer coverage issues.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders on critical initiatives.
- Requires training generally obtained through completion of a Bachelor’s degree program with 8+ years of experience or the equivalent combination of experience and education. Advanced degree or specific Practice Management experience preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in two of the three areas: practice management, or practice billing and revenue cycle; experience with public and private third-party reimbursement related to specialty product access; or experience in pharmaceutical or managed care industry reimbursement including site reimbursement interactions with healthcare providers.
- Provider reimbursement experience with specialty products. Extensive experience navigating patients and providers through a reimbursement Hub to access support services.
- Strong understanding of payer policy procedures and requirements to access drug, including the ability to navigate reimbursement utilization controls.
- Understanding of payer environment, coding and billing requirements at the National, Regional and State levels.
- Knowledge of private payer, Medicare, Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act marketplace structures reimbursement modality.
- Keen ability to analyze and interpret regulations and legislation.
- Project management, expense reporting and budget allocation skills.
- Ability to work independently and with teams.
- Good driving record and the ability to drive during the day and in the evening.
- Proven track record of strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Strong decision making and strategic planning skills.
- Ability to make decisions, resolve project obstacles, and work through conflict with minimal oversight.
- Proven ability to communicate complex ideas effectively and appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a complex, cross functional matrix team environment and build strategic partnerships.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Experience in the nephrology and/or cardiology therapeutic areas is preferred but not required.
- Live within 45-minute drive of major airport (relocation assistance will not be provided).
- Ability to provide peer leadership and mentoring.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of time as needed.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Relypsa is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Relypsa, Inc., a Vifor Pharma Group company, is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of late-stage medicines in the iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapeutic areas. Relypsa is committed to delivering innovative therapies and improving the lives of patients with serious and life-threatening conditions that are often overlooked and undertreated. The Companys first medicine, Veltassa® (patiromer) for oral suspension, was approved by the U.S. FDA in October 2015, making it the first approved medicine for the treatment of hyperkalemia in more than 50 years. More information is available at www.relypsa.com or check out our LinkedIn page.