Location: United States - Field based
Relypsa, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of polymeric medicines for patients with conditions that are often overlooked and undertreated and can be addressed in the gastrointestinal tract. The Company's first medicine, Veltassa® (patiromer) for oral suspension, was developed based on Relypsa's rich legacy in polymer science. Relypsa was founded in 2007 and, in September 2016, became a Vifor Pharma company. More information is available at www.relypsa.com
Veltassa® (patiromer) for oral suspension was approved in October 2015 for the treatment of hyperkalemia, a condition defined as elevated blood potassium levels that can cause abnormal heart rhythms and even sudden death. A potassium binder, Veltassa® is the first new medicine for the treatment of hyperkalemia in more than 50 years and is the first commercialized medicine resulting from Relypsa’s polymer technology platform. Relypsa is committed to ensuring that people living with the burden of hyperkalemia have access to Veltassa®.
Reporting to the Regional Business Director, the Division Sales Manager will lead a team of Territory Account Managers to grow sales in compliance with the company’s guidelines and standards of practice. Responsibilities include building a comprehensive strategic business plan, including specific, measurable, action oriented objectives in accordance with Regional and Divisional goals. Manage funds and resources and ensure their ethical, targeted allocation towards maximizing sales and return on investment. Create a motivating environment for the team by further ensuring clarity of purpose and aligning wider vision and strategic goals to the team’s role. In addition, explain/guide individual roles and responsibilities to provide easier access to information and resources for developmental opportunities, as well as recognize and reward success. Lead the Division to support brand goals and targets by working closely with key internal and external business partners, such as Marketing, Sales Operations, Training & Development and Managed Care.
• Recruit, hire, train, and develop Territory Account Managers
• Establish clear roles, responsibilities, objectives and metrics for team members consistent with Region and Nation
• Serve as a role model for compliant behavior that is consistent with the mission, vision and values of the organization
• Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the business across the Division and coach and guide team members to increase their effectiveness and overall results
• Model high touch, influential relationship management for team members and others to follow
• Provide input on the strategic and tactical plan at both the Regional and Division levels
• Develop and adhere to assigned Division operational budget
• Develop, present and execute quarterly Divisional business plan
• Provide ongoing assessment and feedback of Territory Account Managers
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a district/divisional manager
• Previous experience in launching new products or indications
• Demonstrated success in field management defined as consecutive years of increased sales or market share
• Strong analytical skills and business acumen are required
• Ability to prioritize and execute on plan
• Strong organizational skills
• Proven leadership skills/high level of accountability
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Maintained highest ethical standards
• High drive for results
• Exceptional leadership and team management
• Strong ethical standards and desire to operate in a compliant fashion
• Ability to attract and retain talent
• Self-starter, ability to work in a fast passed, start-up environment with limited preexisting processes
• Strong team player
As an employee of Relypsa, you will actively contribute to the development of potential new products. We provide opportunities for all employees to collaborate, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in several ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs and stock options reflect Relypsa’s high regard for our employees.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Relypsa is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.