Location: United States - Redwood City
Function: Information Technology
Relypsa, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of polymeric medicines for patients with conditions that are often overlooked and undertreated and can be addressed in the gastrointestinal tract. The Company's first medicine, Veltassa ® (patiromer) for oral suspension, was developed based on Relypsa's rich legacy in polymer science. Veltassa is approved in the United States for the treatment of hyperkalemia. Veltassa has intellectual property protection until 2030 in the United States and 2029 in the European Union. Relypsa was founded in 2007 and, in September 2016, became a Vifor Pharma company. More information is available at www.relypsa.com
VELTASSA® (patiromer) for oral suspension was approved in October 2015 for the treatment of hyperkalemia, a condition defined as elevated blood potassium levels that can cause abnormal heart rhythms and even sudden death. A potassium binder, VELTASSA is the first new medicine for the treatment of hyperkalemia in more than 50 years and is the first commercialized medicine resulting from Relypsa’s polymer technology platform. Relypsa is committed to ensuring that people living with the burden of hyperkalemia have access to Veltassa.
The Data Service Manager is responsible for full range of activities associated with data warehouse and customer master data solutions at Relypsa. This will involve all aspects of planning, delivery and operational management of these solutions, and closely working with third party vendors.
This role is the primary point of contact for data and downstream application issues, maintenance and enhancement of requests and accountable for on-time delivery of high-quality deliverables.
• Analyze technical, functional and business requirements
• Manage external managed services operations team (blended on-shore / off-shore)
• Design, develop, implement, maintain and deploy the applications and systems according to the specific requirements using SQL BI tools (SSIS, SSAS & SSRS)
• Develop, document and revise system design procedures, test procedures and quality standards
• Automate the process of loading the data from multiple files by scheduling the SSIS packages using SQL Server Agent Jobs & Other job schedulers. Automate alert raising during failures.
• Analyze the existing applications and fixing the bugs and recommend the necessary upgrades to the applications
• Identify opportunities to fine-tune and optimize applications
• Review, repair and modify programs to ensure technical accuracy, security and reliability of programs
• Recommend new requirements for software packages and solutions
• Develop and maintain application in Microsoft Azure environment using C# and U-SQL
• Migrate code and data between systems and environments (on-premises to cloud)
• Design, development and management of (customer) Master Data solutions
• Create new extracts and publications to data consuming applications
• Respond to Master Data information requests
• Production Support including investigation and resolution of data related issues, system problems and malfunctions requiring some after-hours and weekend support to the offshore team
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering, Masters Preferred
• 5+ years of experience of experience in database design and development in the Microsoft SQL Server Suite of Products, preferably in the Biotech, Pharma or Life Sciences industries
• Experienced in Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) process
• Hands on experience in installing, configuring, managing, monitoring and troubleshooting SQL Server
• Hands on experience with SQL programming and Transact-SQL in creating tables, Stored Procedures, triggers, user-defined functions, views, indexes, user profiles, relational database models
• Experience using SQL Server Agent & Network Automation tool for scheduling daily/weekly loads with failure alerts
• Hands on experience in creation and performance optimization of Dynamic Stored Procedures, SSIS packages, triggers, cursors, tables, and dynamic views for SSIS Packages
• Excellent understanding of pharmaceutical commercial data sources such as IMS, Symphony health
• Prior experience working with pharmaceutical sales, claims, referrals and formulary data strongly preferred
• Demonstrable project management skills with ability to manage multiple tasks to conclusion on-time and with high quality output
• Strong attention to details with excellent analytical skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a small, fast-paced IT environment
• Good understanding of SDLC and project methodology such as waterfall and agile
• Highly motivated with the ability to drive results
As an employee of Relypsa, you will actively contribute to the development of potential new products. We provide opportunities for all employees to collaborate, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Relypsa’s high regard for our employees.
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Relypsa is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.