Location: Switzerland - Glattbrugg/Zurich
Function: Legal and Compliance
Company: Vifor Pharma
At this position you will successfully implement and then manage the Company Compliance Program in Central Eastern Europe, Russia, Middle East & Africa, encompassing Vifor affiliates and representative offices in Dubai (UAE), Moscow (Russia) and 3rd parties particularly distributors (Vifor Partners) in the Region.
With regards to Compliance in CEEMEA (50% of time)
- under guidance of the HQ Compliance function develop, implement, maintain and enforce of the Company Compliance Program in the Region
- regularly and proactively advise and support Vifor affiliates and Vifor Partners in the Region on compliance matters e.g. anti-corruption, interactions with health care professionals (HCPs) and government officials (GOs), sanctions, regulatory matters, legal matters and global, regional and country ethics standards
- serve as an essential communication link on compliance matters between the business and throughout the company
- drive awareness and the importance of compliance
- develop, communicate and implement policies and procedures
- take key role in the approval process for commercial and scientific activities in the Region incl. advisory boards, congresses, symposiums, grants, sponsorships, etc.
- act as role model and take part in selected commercial and scientific activities
- develop, deliver and oversee compliance trainings
- perform special projects as assigned around the Region
- proactively identify opportunities to minimize compliance risks, prevent and detect conduct inconsistent with policies and the law and
- undertake corrective plans to resolve the issues
- remediate identified gaps and weaknesses in the Company Compliance Program in the Region as well as monitor and act in
- response to reports of noncompliance
- coordinate employment issues from a legal & compliance perspective in the Region
- conduct and/or participate in internal investigations
With regards to Compliance HQ (50% of time)
- support HQ Compliance Function in development, implementation, maintenance and enforcement of the Company Compliance Program in
- conduct and/or participate in investigations, compliance risk assessments
- assist the company’s internal and external auditors
- act on other matters related to compliance
- regular report to the HQ Compliance Function
The successful candidate fulfills the following criteria:
- minimum 10 years of experience in law and compliance in the CEEMEA Region incl. Central Eastern Europe, Russia, Middle East & Africa,
- excellent academic background
- minimum 7 years of experience in global pharma (ideally listed in US or Europe),
- experience with investigations, sanctions, trade & export controls US/EU/CH, accounting and booking standards,
- proficiency in English and Arabic and if possible also French or Russian (oral and in writing)
- self-motivated but able to work in a team
- used to work in an international environment
- proven project management skills
- ability to work under significant pressure
- travel up to 20% of time
You describe yourself as an excellent organizational, interpersonal and communicative individual, with "hands-on" mentality, strong business and personal ethics and integrity.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.