Reporting to the Sr. Director of Commercial Learning and Development, the Associate Director/Director of Commercial Learning & Development will utilize strong access and reimbursement acumen, clinical knowledge, as well as general field related experience to build and implement the market access training programs for managed markets, field logistics (reimbursement), integrated delivery network and sales teams.
This role is also responsible for the planning, development and execution of all commercial training events for these team including training classes, National Meetings and POA meetings.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders such as field leaders, Marketing, Medical, Legal/Compliance, Regulatory, and Human Resources
- Work with commercial stakeholders to set market access training objectives and plans
- Design, build, and deliver Relypsa market access training curriculum, including product launch meeting, manager meetings and ongoing skills training throughout the year
- Evaluates effectiveness of programs and proactively assesses the development needs across the organization to determine future needs
- Update training programs and curricula as necessary, based on performance metrics and needs assessments
- Ensure that all training initiatives and programs are fully supported and documented within compliance standards
- Assist with and support field sales representative training implementation and execution
- Attend major medical meetings, such as ASN, as well as training development meetings like LTEN
- Serve as a role model for behavior that is consistent with the mission, vision, and values of the organization
- Works closely with other CL&D team members to achieve department goals and objectives
- Cross-train on other training initiatives, including field sales training and commercial management training
- Develop and adhere to training budget
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in life sciences or management
- MBA or other Master’s degree a plus
- Prior market access or payor field experience strongly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a trainer in pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Strong understanding of training technologies and their optimal uses
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Positive, team-focused attitude is essential
- Computer literacy with appropriate software programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat is required.
- Proven leadership skills with high level of accountability
- Exceptional negotiation, facilitation, presentation, and decision-making skills
- Travel required for meetings and field visits
- Highest ethical standards maintained
As an employee of Relypsa, you will actively contribute to the development of potential new products. We provide opportunities for all employees to collaborate, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Relypsa’s high regard for our employees.
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Relypsa is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.