Location: Switzerland - Glattbrugg/Zurich
Function: Medical Affairs
Company: Vifor Pharma
We are currently looking for a Senior Medical Manager for our operational headquarters in Zurich. In this position you will be accountable for medical education and communication for the assigned therapeutic area as well as for supporting and executing KOL strategies to position the products and our company as a leader. Your tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Keep up to date on all publications related benefit risk with iv iron therapy and with treatment of hyperkalemia in cardiology
- Responsible for internal publication alerts on relevant studies related to benefit risk on iv iron and on treatment of hyperkalemia in cardiology
- Write summaries of publications related to benefit/risk on Ferinject for inclusion in the yearly aggregated safety reports.
- Co-responsible for the whole process of Vifor initiated iv iron or Ferinject publications on specific topics
- Together with other team members arrange advisory boards and expert meetings on specific topics
- Develop and execute the Global Brand Publication Plan with the team
- Maintain and develop internal scientific educational material
- Develop summaries of scientific publications
- Develop medical and scientific presentations and training material
- Develop publication outlines and statistical analysis plans
- Partner with other medical affairs colleagues to plan and execute advisory boards and expert meetings
- Develop medical communication and education programs and materials according to Global Brand Plan. Ensures highest scientific standards and alignment with national and global strategies, guidelines and legal regulations
- Support the development and implementation of the Global Brand Publication Plan, including gap analysis and maintenance of tracker
• Ensure compliant review and approval of all materials in accordance with Vifor SOPs and legal regulations
We are looking for a candidate with medical and scientific excellence who demonstrates strong communication skills. Along with a broad scientific and medical knowledge you bring the ability to accurately evaluate medical scientific literature. Furthermore you have the following competencies:
- Scientific (Ph.D., Pharm. D.) or medical education (M.D.)
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and effectively evaluate medical scientific literature. Knowledge of study design and conduct
- Proven relationship building skills with key opinion leaders
- Basic understanding of medical aspects of Vifor-/ID-specific therapeutic areas along with willingness to develop in-depth expertise
- Professional level in English, both in oral and in written communications
- Excellent user of Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 1 years industry experience including Medical Affairs and/or Clinical Development at affiliate as well as at HQ level
- Experience with regulatory, safety and legal implications of Medical Affairs activities, e.g. experience with (local) compliance regulations
- Knowledge of relevant global regulations and industry codes. Experience with local regulations would be an advantage.
- Medical experience in any of the brand therapeutic areas
- Experience with educational programs and communication tools
- Track record of scientific and medical publications
- Experience working with commercial teams
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and teams
- Fluent level in German, both in oral and in written communications
The successful candidate can work and champion ideas at an international level and apply entrepreneurial thinking and spirit. In addition you demonstrate strong customer orientation with the willingness to continuously expand market knowledge.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.