Location: Switzerland - Glattbrugg/Zurich
Function: Legal and Compliance
Company: Vifor Pharma
Our legal team is growing at Vifor Pharma and in this new position we are searching for a Senior Legal Counsel, to join our team. In this position, you will provide effective advice on legal implications and give continuous guidance on legal matters, with focus related to market and medical matters covering a range of activities, including product launch activities. You will support two of our main therapeutic areas – Cardio-Renal and Orphan Diseases – in addition to further projects. This role will encompass a broad range of tasks and will allow you to enable the commercial business to be successful, including the following:
- Counsel Global Brand Team on launch activities, advertising and promotional programs
- Advise on strategies and review marketing and promotional materials (e.g. print and electronic materials, social media and presence at medical congresses)
- Provision of general legal advise and support with respect to litigations (including review of pleadings and of settlement agreements)
- General legal advice, support and legal drafting with respect to legal matters which arise within the allocated departments
- Liaison with partners’ legal representatives where necessary to solve outstanding legal issues
- Manage disputes, including litigation
- Through appropriate contacts with ‘partners’ and external counsels assures Vifor Pharma’s optimum legal position on contractual relations and obligations
- Counselling on appropriate interactions with health care professionals and government officials
In this position you will play a key role to drive our commercial success by supporting the business with your legal advice. You will ideally bring the following experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience as a lawyer in an international law firm or an in-house position, preferably in the pharmaceutical sector
- Excellent academic background, including Masters of Law and preferably an LLM
- Thorough legal drafting skills
- Professional working proficiency in English, oral and written. Additional language skills in Spanish and/or Italian are preferred
- Experience working in an international environment
To be successful in this role, you need to be able to work in a complex matrix organisation while influencing your stakeholders with your personality and business savviness. You are passionate about how legal can empower the commercial business and you can deal with ambiguity on various levels. You are a team player and take a hands-on mentality to work. You are able to work independently acting with authority and conviction when required. You are able to effectively prioritise and organize work effectively to meet deadlines.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.