Location: Singapore - Singapore
Function: Legal and Compliance
Company: Vifor Pharma
As a result of continued growth within the Asia region, we are now hiring for the newly created position of Senior Legal and Compliance Counsel, based at our office in Singapore. In this position, you will be responsible for Legal and Compliance activities within the region, proactively advising and supporting both Vifor Pharma affiliates and partners. You will report directly to the General Secretary and Group General Counsel, responsible for compliance and legal respectively, with a dotted line to the Regional Head of Asia. This role will encompass a broad range of tasks, including the following:
- Provide legal support, advice and legal drafting for the Global Commercial Organisation, miscellaneous projects and other issues in the Asia region
- Provide general legal advice and support with respect to litigations in the Asia Region (including review of pleadings, and of settlement agreements), through appropriate contacts with partners and external counsels
- Liaise with partners’ legal representatives, where necessary, to solve outstanding legal issues
- Counsel on appropriate interactions with Health Care Professionals and Governmental Organisations
- Serve as an essential communication link on compliance matters between the business and throughout the company, driving awareness and the importance of compliance
- Develop, communicate and implement policies and procedures
Implement, oversee, train, monitor and audit the Company Compliance Program in the Asia: Code of Conduct; Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption Directive; Interactions with Health Care Professionals; Healthcare Organisations and Governmental Organisations
- Manage Vifor Pharma Partners from a compliance perspective, including pre-contractual due diligence review and securing appropriate Contractual Representations to secure adherence to compliance
- Support the Headquarters Compliance Function on: investigations; compliance risk assessments; coordinating employment issues from a legal and compliance perspective in the region
- Assist the company’s internal and external auditors
- Remediate identified gaps and weaknesses in the Company Compliance
- Program in the Asia Region as well as monitoring and acting in response to reports of non-compliance
The ideal candidate brings an excellent legal background, including the following experience:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in law and compliance within the Asia region, including South Korea, Singapore and China
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in a global pharmaceutical company, ideally listed in the US or Europe
- Experience with investigations, sanctions, trade and export controls (US/EU/CH), accounting and booking standards
- Strong business and personal ethics and integrity
- Fluency in English and Mandarin, written and spoken
To be successful in this role, you have proven project management skills, with the ability to work under significant pressure. You have solid legal skills, including legal drafting, and are able to work independently and act with authority and conviction. You have excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills. You have a hands-on mentality to work and are able to prioritise and organise work effectively to meet deadlines. You work in line with the Vifor Pharma values.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.