Location: Switzerland - Glattbrugg/Zurich
Function: Business Development
Company: Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma
We are currently searching for our Global Business Development Department, an experienced Senior Business Development Manager who will be based at our operational HQ in Glattbrugg/Zurich.
In this function, you will play a key role in supporting and conducting large due diligences projects and you will report to the Head Business Development and Licensing (BD&L). BD&L as a department is embedded in the Strategy Department at the operational Headquarters in Zurich. The strategy department head reports directly into the COO of Vifor Pharma and oversees other commercial and medical functions, such as Marketing Excellence, Medical Affairs, R&D, Market Access and Pricing. This proximity allows BD&L to cooperate closely with other departments and align with the strategic needs of the overall organization. Your responsibilities will be the following:
- Responsible for the creation of teams for each due diligence project comprised of internal and external resources. The teams are tasked to firmly analyze all available information on a given company or product in the areas of CMC, Quality, Pre-clinical and Tox, Clinical, Regulatory, Intellectual Property and Legal. Typically, such projects last between 2 and 6 months and involve 5-30 people, depending on the size and complexity of the project
- Develop a system that ensures intelligent resource deployment throughout the due diligence process and the early identification of red flags that might lead to the termination of the project or investment opportunity. The candidate will be responsible for the timely completion and the delivery of a due diligence report
- Prepare any legal documentation required to run the process, including confidentiality agreements, master service agreements, notices of commission, among others. For projects involving our joint company Fresenius Medical Care (FMC), the candidate will build relationships with key stakeholders at FMC and include them in the due diligence process whenever possible
- For due diligence purposes, you will be the primary contact person for the partner company as well as internal and external parties involved and pro-actively organize any required meetings, teleconferences or workshops to complete the task
- You will be part of a larger BD&L group and participate with his other team members in the early evaluation and project triage of newly identified opportunities (deal flow)
For this role we are searching for an experienced BD&L professional with a broad scientific or technical background to support and conduct large due diligence projects. The following requirements complete the profile:
- Uiversity degree in Biology/Chemistry/Medicine/Applied Biosciences with 5-7 years of work experience in relevant corporate positions within the Life Sciences Industry (Pharma/Biotech/Medtech). Understanding of the general drug discovery, development and commercialization process is a requirement
- Technical background or experience (Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Pre-clinical development) is a plus
- Experience in pharmaceutical project management as project management lead person
- Interest in working in a dynamic and international work environment. Ability to communicate and work in interdisciplinary teams
- Open and communicative personality. High client orientation and passion for close collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders. Ability to deliver high quality work under time pressure
- Self-motivated and result-driven personality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and German
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.