Location: Switzerland - Glattbrugg/Zurich
Function: Business Development
Company: Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma
For our Team Business Development and Licensing (BD&L) we are currently searching for a Senior Business Development Analyst, who will be based at our operational HQ in Glattbrugg/Zurich and will report directly into the Head of BD&L. BD&L as a department is embedded in the Strategy Department at the operational Headquarters in Zurich. The strategy department head reports directly into the COO of Vifor Pharma and oversees other commercial and medical functions, such as Marketing Excellence, Medical Affairs, R&D, Market Access and Pricing. This proximity allows BD&L to cooperate closely with other departments and align with the strategic needs of the overall organization searching an expert in finance and business modelling with emphasis on development stage life sciences companies, products and services. The responsibilities will be the following:
- Seek out and generate the required data to build robust BD&L business cases (financial models) that are aligned with insights generated during the due diligence process
- In performing these tasks, you will collaborate closely with stakeholders and data providers of adjacent departments, namely Market Analytics, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Market Access and Clinical Development
- Keep in consideration following important aspects for the business case development: epidemiology and patient flow, standard of care, medical need, competitive landscape, target product profile, pricing, uptake and market share, commercialization costs
- You will help generate content for presentations to the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors of Vifor Pharma
- You will be considered the “data owner” in regards to BD&L business cases and will assist in the transition of those business cases to Corporate Finance and Project Management once a deal is closed
- Furthermore, you will support efforts to identify new companies, new products and services and ultimately new investment ideas that are in alignment with the strategic needs of the Vifor Pharma Group
- You will be part of a BD&L department and participate with his other team members in the early evaluation and project triage of newly identified opportunities (deal flow)
We are searching for an experienced candidate with strong analytical and conceptual skills and who is interested in working in a dynamic and international environment. To be successful in this role you bring the following profile:
- University degree in Biology/Chemistry/Medicine/Applied Biosciences with 3-5 years of work experience in relevant corporate positions within the Life Sciences Industry (Pharma/Biotech/Medtech) and/or Investment Banking. Firm understanding of the general drug discovery, development and commercialization process is a requirement
- Further business and administration education (e.g. MBA) and / or first experience in Financial Analysis (e.g. CFA) is an important additional asset
- Ability to communicate and work in interdisciplinary teams
- Open and communicative personality. High client orientation and passion for close collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to deliver high quality work under time pressure
- Self-motivated and result-driven personality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and German
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.