Location: Switzerland - Glattbrugg/Zurich
Function: Medical Affairs
Company: Vifor Pharma
We are currently looking for an experienced Publications and Medical Communications Lead to support the Centre of Excellence in our Global Medical Affairs team in Zurich. Reporting to the Global Medical Lead Phase IV Research, you will be responsible for the timely development, execution and tracking of Publication Plans, ensuring that all publications are in-line with international standards and requirements. Your tasks will also include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Ensure communication of scientific results to the external scientific and medical community in an effective and timely manner
- Develop, review, challenge and approve the global publication strategy and plans in cooperation with the Global Medical Directors; Global
- Clinical Development and the Publication Planning Group members
- Drive the development, update and execution of publication planning strategy and rolling plans for each product/project in alignment with the overall development and brand strategies in collaboration with the
- Global Medical Directors/Global Medical Managers
- Actively manage the review process for publications (poster, abstracts, manuscripts etc.) including frequent interactions with authors, statisticians, medical writers, and other stakeholders
- Drive and chair cross-functional Publication Planning Group meetings in collaboration with the respective Global Medical Directors/Global Medical Managers
- Maintain the publication management tool to ensure timely publications and documentation of compliance with internal procedures as well as regulatory requirements and guidelines
- Liaise with affiliates to ensure efficient global-local collaboration
We are seeking an experienced professional bringing an MD/PhD in a relevant scientific field, in addition to the following experience:
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in clinical medicine or scientific research
- Experience with clinical study management and conduct
- Documented academic track record
- Leadership experience from previous positions
- Proven relationship building skills with key opinion leaders
- Professional level in English, both in oral and in written communications
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical commercial and business practices
- Experience in relevant therapeutic areas – ideally cardiology, nephrology or haematology
You bring medical and scientific excellence and are continuously expanding your medical and scientific knowledge. You have a strong background in Medical Affairs and work effectively in cross-functional teams. You are highly communicative, effective at networking and demonstrate strong customer orientation. You have excellent communication skills – orally and in writing – and are able to effectively and productively communicate to stakeholders at all levels. You display strong organisation and time management skills. You demonstrate the Vifor Pharma values in the way that you work.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.