Location: UK - Field based
Function: Communications and Public Affairs
Company: Vifor Pharma
Are you looking for a new challenge in a specialist pharmaceutical company? An opportunity has arisen within Vifor Pharma UK to join a dynamic and successful team of Professional Relations managers. The successful candidate will collaborate with external partners to inform commercial strategy and deliver healthcare solutions, ensuring patients gain appropriate access to optimal treatment. You will be responsible for developing and delivering a cross-functional, national advocacy plan focusing on cardiology, whilst co working with the wider team to ensure success across all brands and therapy areas.
In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
Networking and Influencing:
- Develop specific projects aligned to the marketing strategic imperatives, with a clear objective of improving patient access to appropriate therapies
- Work with professional partners with shared incentives to support projects
- Set surrogate markers of impact of projects on Vifor Pharma business
- Identify future business opportunities with specific customers and groups
- Create and sustain Vifor Pharma UK relationships with external experts
- Develop and implement individual partnership and project plans
- Ensure optimum message delivery from external partners via multi channel platforms
- Facilitate customer advisory panels to review, input and validate marketing and clinical outputs
- Collaborative cross team working with Medical Affairs, aligning clinical opportunities with strategy
- Ensure support from external policy and decision makers for the UK market access plan
- Support communications plan with relevant experts to influence policy and drive government agenda
- Grow Vifor Pharma reputation to deliver innovative healthcare solutions
- Identify new business opportunities to optimise the brand focus
- Contribute to the operational plan development, determining the most appropriate promotional mix, sequencing and frequency for customer groups
- Act as the brand customer conscience throughout the planning and delivery cycles
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience and knowledge, or the equivalent, to include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Life Science (or equivalent, e.g. Registered Nurse).
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry or relevant agency experience
- Direct experience of developing and interacting with Health Care Professionals at all levels and/or patient advocacy groups and professional organisations
- Experience in the use of contact management databases
- Demonstrable expertise in marketing
- Experience in the therapeutic areas of cardiology would be an advantage
We offer you an interesting and challenging opportunity in an international company. As a medium sized specialty Pharmaceutical company we work cross-functionally, with lean structures and an entrepreneurial mind-set. To achieve our goals we focus on solutions, effective processes and we constantly seek to improve our way of doing things. In response to our demanding environment we offer opportunities to bring forward ideas, lead change as well opportunities for personal development and growth. The company offers competitive terms and conditions.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.