Location: UK - Field based
Function: Communications and Public Affairs
Company: Vifor Pharma
Our team in Ireland are seeking an experienced Professional Relations Manager bringing expertise working within external affairs within the pharmaceutical industry. There will be three pillars of focus in this position: Networking and influencing the external community, advocacy development and brand planning. This role will be based in the field and working from home. Reporting to the Country Manager Ireland, your tasks will include, but not be limited to, the following:
Networking and Influencing External Community:
- Build and maintain relationships with key national influencers in target disease areas including media, key patient and professional groups and KOL’s to support disease awareness (and/or) brand and wider organisation
- Develop specific objectives for each customer group or groups in order to ensure continual focus of the relationship and the roll out of educational programmes
- Obtain feedback from field based teams in order to set surrogate markers of impact of role on market growth
- Identify and manage external groups likely to become of increasing importance to the company
- Create, sustain and provide brand team/field force access to in depth relationships with advocate/KOL’s
- Develop and implement individual KOL mobilisation
- Develop endorsement programmes, including the structuring of meetings, sourcing of presenters and the briefing of KOL’s
- Develop and maintain customer advisory panels to review and provide input into the planning and development process
- Manage the administration of all approval and contractual documentation requirements that are associated with activities and projects
- Work with the field force to develop stakeholder responsibility for advocates
- Communicate intelligence to optimise promotional mix
- Seek new promotional opportunities for KOL’s and develops business case to support investment
- Ensure availability of quality market information gathered from external policy and decision makers for Ireland
- Identify new business opportunities and strategically influence policies to create an environment to optimise the brands therapy areas.
- Develop and deliver a strategic / above brand approach for working with relevant charities and key organisations.
- Contribute to the operational plan development by determining the most appropriate promotional mix / activity for customer groups
You have a Bachelor’s degree in a Life Science (or equivalent, e.g. Registered Nurse) and bring the following experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the healthcare or pharmaceutical industry sales/marketing/medical environment.
- Understanding of medical aspects of cardiology and nephrology, along with willingness to develop in-depth expertise.
- Direct experience of developing and interacting with Health Care Professionals at all levels and/ or patient advocacy groups
- A track record of identifying and developing advocates
- Detailed understanding of compliance requirements, specifically the ABPI Code of Practice and the IPHA Code of Practice
- Full driving licence
You have outstanding interpersonal, communication and team-working skills with a demonstrated ability to broker and maintain partnerships. You bring commercial awareness and are results-oriented, enabling you to drive things to completion. You are able to work with a level of autonomy and independence, prioritising your own workload. You show concern for standards, taking a thorough approach. You are able to think and influence conceptually, strategically and rationally. You work in line with the Vifor Pharma values.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.