Location: Portugal - Amadora
Function: Technical Operations
Company: Vifor Pharma
Lead the change and foster an Operational Excellence and a continuous improvement culture at all levels in the organization. Improve productivity, efficiency and cost reduction through the application of Lean Six Sigma methodologies, focused on customer satisfaction and competitive advantages. Assure the employees involvement in Operational Excellence and develop their Operational Excellence skills.
- Yearly Roadmap definition aligned with company and site strategy;
- Roadmap follow-up, assuring the deadlines are fulfilled;
- Coordinate, manage and motivate the Operational Excellence team;
- Lead the change and give support to Operational Excellence processes and initiatives;
- Collaborate with OE Manager and participate in the workshops and meetings organized during the year;
- Lead Lean or Lean Six Sigma projects using the DMAIC methodology and guide projects in this area;
- Assure the optimization of the company processes, by applying Lean Six Sigma tools;
- Ensure Quality of all processes through standardized, well-structured and optimized processes and activities;
- Implement and follow-up a Problem Solving approach in all areas;
- Improve staff safety and improve the maintenance of facilities and equipment by applying visual management and implementing 5S;
- Improve stock rotation and reduce inventory levels through application of supermarkets and Kanban systems;
- Organize and participate in Gemba walks through the organization;
- Monthly KPI report;
- Assure a good communication within all levels in the organization;
- Be proactive in organizing activities related to Operational Excellence on site;
- Perform and provide Operational Excellence training across the organization;
- Be involved in Quality, Safety and Environmental initiatives;
- Build up the know-how to become a Key Player on Vifor Pharma.
- Master degree in technical field (Life Sciences, Engineering, Statistics, Management, …)
- Black-belt in Lean or Lean Six Sigma
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Operational Excellence, Maintenance or Manufacturing areas within the pharma industry or similar industry (i.e. chemical, food, medical devices, …)
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices would be preferable
- In-depth understanding of Lean Six Sigma tools like 5S, 8 Wastes, TPM, TQM, JIT, Problem solving and Visual Management
- Implementation proof of Lean / Six Sigma methodologies to lead continuous improvement within the company
- Entrepreneur and teamwork mindset
- Good communication, organization/planning and negotiating skills together with the capacity to deal with conflict and influence at all levels
- Experience in MS Office including MS Visio; ERP systems and Minitab
- In-depth knowledge in statistics would be and asset
- Project management experience
- Excellent leadership skills in leading the change
- Fluent in Portuguese and English (written and verbally); French would be an asset
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.