Location: Peru - Lima
Function: Medical Affairs
Company: Vifor Pharma
As a part of the Vifor Pharma Peruvian affiliate’s continued growth, we are now looking for an experienced Medical Science Liaison (MSL) to join our Peruvian team. Responsible for the development of relationships with key opinion leaders in the field, you will be a medical expert for your assigned therapeutic area. Reporting to the Medical Affairs Manager, your tasks and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Build relationships and establishing networks with key opinion leaders in assigned territories (local and national).
- Serve as a scientific expert for internal and external partners.
- Ensure dissemination of medical information including presentations to health professionals.
- Respond to unsolicited, specific, individual requests for information from health professionals.
- Identify investigators for clinical trials and respond to queries from clinicians wishing to conduct their own trials.
- Gather information from certain groups such as key opinion leaders, budget holders etc.
- Work collaboratively in cross-functional teams to provide medical support for requests related to the introduction of new products or new indications for existing products
- Training company staff and providing disease area information
- Develop and lead medical activities such as Advisory Boards and symposias
- Providing support at internal and external medical conferences
- Be the key Medical expert for responsible therapeutic areas (Women’s Health and Gastroenterology)
The successful candidate has at least two-three years of MSL experience in the Rx pharmaceutical industry and will bring the following profile:
- A recognised Doctor of Medicine degree
- Minimum of three years’ experience in clinical practice, research or pharmaceutical medical affairs.
- Proven experience in the pharmaceutical industry in the field as an MSL
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of relevant legislation including Medicines Australia, Code of Conduct.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (if not local language).
- Field based position. Travel may include overnight stay. Other travel for business meetings as required.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.