Location: Romania - Field based
Function: Medical Affairs
Company: Vifor Pharma
We are currently looking for two Medical Scientific Liaisons (MSLs) to join our International Business organisation in Romania. Both MSLs will cover the whole country for different therapeutic areas. In this function, you will act as Vifor Pharma representative, by protecting the company’s interests and values at all times. The Medical Scientific Liaison (MSL) position represents Medical Affairs externally and is critical to establishing and maintaining medical relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), Health Care Professionals (HCPs) and key accounts on behalf of the Vifor Pharma Group. MSLs execute country medical plans locally by representing the medical expertise in Vifor Pharma disease states and products and through scientific engagement with the medical community provide disease state education, medical information and research support. MSLs share scientific insights from these interactions to inform medical and company strategy and use their expertise in the company’s disease states and products to train colleagues internally, all in accordance with global and local compliance and regulations.
Your main Tasks include:
- Develop and maintain scientific and medical expertise in Vifor Pharma diseases and products
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with KOLs, HCPs and professional organisations to facilitate scientific engagement, scientific exchange and medical information
- Utilise knowledge and scientific presentation skills to provide Disease State Education, clinical presentations and respond to medical requests
- Strategically plan and organise work to effectively achieve medical goals through KOL engagement, key account medical support, training and other appropriate activities
- Communicate medical and scientific insights from interactions with the medical community within the medical team and other internal stakeholders
- Provide medical support for patient and formulary access of Vifor Pharma products following global and local policies and procedures
- Support the development, implementation and completion of medical activities including advisory boards, congress symposia, hospital meetings and speaker programs
- Serve as a medical resource for internal medical and sales training
- Support company sponsored clinical research and Investigator Initiated Studies (IIS) process including understanding research requirements, procedures and processes
- Attend relevant scientific meetings and conferences and support development of summaries of key data, presentations or symposium relevant to Vifor Pharma
- Ensure all activities and interactions are conducted in compliance with applicable local and global laws, regulations, guidelines and company policies and procedures
- Develop personal and professional capabilities to improve skills and professional capabilities
To fulfill this role we are looking for a person with the following profile:
- Doctoral level degree (MD, PharmD or PhD) or MSc in Medical Field (e.g. Pharmacy, Nursing, Chemistry or Biology)
- Minimum of three years’ experience in clinical practice, research or pharmaceutical medical affairs would be a plus
- Clinical, industry or research experience in Internal Medicine, Nephrology or Cardiology would be a plus
- Experience with pharma industry and healthcare compliance requirements locally and globally
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Romanian and good oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience in scientific literature review and analysis would be beneficial
- Required experience in public scientific presentations
- Ability for overnight travel, up to 75%
You are a flexible, results-oriented and proactive person with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills who enjoys working in a team.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.