Location: Australia - Field based
Function: Medical Affairs
Company: Vifor Pharma
As a part of the Vifor Pharma Australian affiliate’s continued growth, we are now looking for an experienced Medical Science Liaison (MSL) to join our Australian team in Melbourne or Sydney. Responsible for the development of relationships with key opinion leaders in the field, you will be a medical expert for your assigned therapeutic area. Reporting to the Head of Medical Affairs, your tasks and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Build relationships and establishing networks with key opinion leaders in assigned territories (local and national)
- Serve as a scientific expert for internal and external partners
- Ensure dissemination of medical information including presentations to health professionals
- Respond to unsolicited, specific, individual requests for information from health professionals
- Identify investigators for clinical trials and respond to queries from clinicians wishing to conduct their own trials
- Gather information from certain groups such as key opinion leaders, budget holders etc.
- Work collaboratively in cross-functional teams to provide medical support for requests related to the introduction of new products or new indications for existing products
- Training company staff and providing disease area information
- Develop and lead medical activities such as Advisory Boards and symposias
- Providing support at internal and external medical conferences
- Be the key Medical expert for responsible therapeutic areas (Gastroenterolgy and Women’s Health)
The successful candidate has at least two-three years of MSL experience in the Rx pharmaceutical industry and will bring the following profile:
- A recognised Bachelor’s degree in Bio-Medical Science or Science (Pharmacology), preferably PhD or equivalent
- Proven experience in the pharmaceutical industry in the field as an MSL
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of relevant legislation including Medicines Australia, Code of Conduct
You are flexible and adaptable in your approach, with the ability to take initiative and work effectively independently. You have developed strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills for liaising with managers, colleagues and external stakeholders. You have strong analytical and problem solving skills, with high attention to detail. You are organised and able to manage multiple priorities with conflicting deadlines, simultaneously. You are computer literate with advanced computing and presentation skills.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.