Location: UK - Bagshot/London
Function: Medical Affairs
Company: Vifor Pharma
We have recently established a new Medical Affairs department and are seeking a flexible and engaging medical professional to join our growing team at our office in Bagshot, UK. In this newly created position of Medical Advisor, you will bring medical and scientific excellence. Reporting to the Head Medical Affairs, UK, your tasks will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Develop and review compliant ethical promotional materials, campaigns and strategies in conjunction with the local marketing department
- Initiate and maintain strong relationships with opinion leaders, in conjunction with the Professional Relations team
- Identify and develop Key Opinion Leader network
- Act as a medical resource to support company products, working with local management, marketing and medical departments
- Medical input into content development and outputs for symposia, workshops and Advisory Boards
- Represent the company to groups of experts, medical professional groups, societies, regulatory groups and Advisory Boards at international scientific meetings and conferences
- Maintenance of own medical and scientific knowledge, developing knowledge and expertise in key therapeutic areas
- Provide medical and scientific expertise for the UK organisation, including training of company representatives
- Adherence to own professional Codes of Practice and engagement with accreditation/revalidation processes as required
- Support for Investigator Initiated Studies and management of company sponsored Phase IV studies
- Management of publication planning
- Medical support for the Medical Information and Drug Safety departments
You are a qualified, registered doctor and bring the following experience:
- Clinical patient contact experience
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload
- High standards and attention to detail
- Minimum two years’ work experience working as part of a brand team in a Medical Affairs business environment in the UK
- Experience in Clinical Trials
- Experience working in a customer focused environment
- Understanding of legislative requirements for the pharmaceutical industry
You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You bring effective interpersonal, relationship building and negotiation communication skills together and the ability to provide clear and concise moderately complex analysis of quantitative and qualitative concepts. You possess excellent analytical skills, demonstrated by the ability to identify and understand moderately complex issues and problems, and interpret information in a manner that provides appropriate recommendations to Medical, Sales and Marketing. You are able to utilise moderately complex scientific resources for presentations in a variety of different settings. You are able to work effectively with a level of autonomy and independence. You demonstrate the Vifor Pharma values in your approach to work.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.