Location: Switzerland - Schlieren/Zurich
Function: Research and Development
Company: Vifor Pharma
We are looking for a full time Laboratory Technician/Research Associate for our Biology R&D Group in Schlieren. The tasks include the following:
- Provide support in pre-clinical drug discovery research with focus on disease models
- Development and optimisation of animal models and testing the efficacy and mode of action of pre-clinical drug candidates in such animal models
- Application of a range of cell-based, biomolecular techniques for drug discovery, including fluorescence microscopy, flow cytometry, immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry, ELISA, Western blot, quantitative PCR, and other colorimetric, fluorescence- or luminescence-based assays
- High quality and timely reporting and documentation of experimental results
- Responsibility for the maintenance of laboratory equipment, ordering consumables and reagents
- Collaboration and exchange of project-related knowledge with colleagues
We are looking for a highly motivated team member with hands-on experience in biology research and with the following profile:
- Professional education as Biology Laboratory Technician or University degree (BSc or MSc) in Life Sciences
- At least 3 years of experience (industry or academia) in biology research
- Experience with rodent models (drug application techniques, specimen sampling, surgery), LTK module 1 certificate or equivalent required
- Hands-on experience in animal models, experience in nephrology and cardiology models would be an advantage
- Research experience with cell culture, cell-based and cell-free assays
- Good IT skills (MS Office), including data analysis software (e.g. GraphPad Prism, FlowJo)
- Capability to work independently and with particular attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and eager to work in a small team
- Fluency in English required
- German knowledge is an advantage
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.