Location: Australia - Field based
Company: Vifor Pharma
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Key Account Manager (KAM) to join our Australian team at Vifor Pharma. As the KAM for Sydney (NSW North & Queensland), you will develop and implement a business plan for the territory as well as a specific account plan as required. Reporting to the National Key Account Manager, your tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Work across both public and private hospitals and other Healthcare related businesses/organisations as required
- Prepare the submissions within the territory (formulary or external business proposals) for Vifor Pharma products and ensure full support and the best possible outcome for any submissions, follow up and respond to queries in a timely manner, until determination of outcome.
- Develop relationships with key influential bodies and external Key Decision Makers (KDM) to optimise Vifor Pharma product uptake
- Work closely with National KAM to maximize market access for Vifor Pharma products
- Liaise closely with the Sales Manager and Hospital Sales Representatives as required
- Where appropriate, actively manage budgets on an ongoing basis, to ensure budget compliance
- Nominate, and where appropriate, develop advocates for speaker meetings – attending national and international congress required
- Maintain high levels of product knowledge – especially key clinical papers – changing clinical practice and customer knowledge at all times, and participating in training programs
- Be aware of developments in the PBS/TGA and local issues, assessing implications and communicating to the wider team, as well as tailoring local activities to adapt strategy and tactics as appropriate
- Ensure that all administration tasks are completed and deadlines are met
We are searching for a qualified and experienced Key Account Manager with strong communication, networking and stakeholder management skills. Additionally, you fulfil the following criteria:
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Key Account Manager (KAM) in Hospital Account Management
- Experience in Account Planning and Customer Mapping
- Experience is selling to and negotiating with senior hospital Key Decision Makers (KDMs)
- Proven track record of influencing the development of hospital protocols/formulary pathways and funding models
- Proven track record of building effective customer networks from multi-disciplines
- Basic understanding of medical aspects of therapeutic area along with willingness to develop in-depth expertise
- Fluent in English, both in oral and written communication
- Excellent user of Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to travel 30% as required
- Scientific or Economics Degree (BSc, MSc, Ph.D., Pharm. D.) is preferred
- Experience of working with commercial teams is an advantage
You describe yourself as self-starter, a person with strong organisational and analytical skills, examining and understanding issues from multiple perspectives. You are commercially and clinically competent. You are trustworthy and motivated. Your colleagues appreciate your collaborative approach across various function in the organisation. You are open, driven and able to adapt within an agile and fast-paced environment. Your excellent communication and networking skills will ensure your success as a Key Account Manager. You apply entrepreneurial thinking and spirit, show a high level of integrity, you are a role model for others for Vifor Pharma values and continuously display a positive can-do attitude.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.