Location: Switzerland - Glattbrugg/Zurich
Function: Information Technology
Company: Vifor Pharma
We are currently looking for a ICT System Engineer who will be based at our operational HQ Zurich and will be responsible for the operation, management and compliance of our global IT server infrastructure and other data center services. In this role, the person will report to the Group Leader Data Center and will be part of the Global IT technology team. The person will be responsible for the following tasks :
- Design, operate and maintain the global IT server infrastructure of Vifor Pharma
- Ensure that the components and systems are standardised, available, stable, secure and ensure compliance with GxP regulations and according to SLAs
- Manage outsourced services, contract reviews, regular SLA checks, upgrades, maintenance windows, coordinate different resources during projects and manage escalation processes
- Assess, evaluate and maintain services in-house and outsourced
- Analyze and understand requirements, work with stakeholders to specify, design and select systems that deliver value to the organization
- Identify and communicate risks, advise, propose and implement appropriate actions
- Ensure the continuous improvement, automation, rationalisation and management of existing IT server platform services, investigate systems and models that might benefit the company
- Estimate cost and prepare business cases for solutions.
- Support the components and systems at the 2nd and 3rd level following ITIL processes.
- Collaborate with other IT and business peers on a global level
- Coordinate the interfaces between the requesters (internal and/or externals), the technology group, IT and/or the business partners
- Be part of IT «on call» activities and organize or support maintenance windows activities.
- Understand and support the global IT strategy
The ideal candidate is an Information Technology professional, ideally bring the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 7 years of experience as a system engineer and in data center operation in a similar context (global presence, multiple data centers, 500+ servers)
- Experience with assessing and implementing managed solutions and managing outsourced systems
- Experience with transitioning from internal service to SaaS
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and automation
- Experience with ITIL processes
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server solutions and surroundings
- Excellent knowledge of virtualization solutions (ESXi, XenServer, KVM would be an asset)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory services
- Good knowledge in hyper-converged technologies
- Good knowledge of Microsoft System Center Operations Manager
- Experience with Citrix technologies (NetScaler, CloudBridge, Xen) is an advantage
- Certifications according to the role are an advantage
- Experienced with business requirements gatherings
- Fluent level in English (in oral and written communication), an advanced level in French or German would be a strong asset
- Team spirit and at ease to collaborate in an international landscape
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical industry and understanding of GxP and other regulations would be of advantage
For this role, we are looking for a proactive candidate who demonstrates entrepreneurial approach and can drive the necessary activities to bring our infrastructure and services to the next level. Being in that role will allow to underline the necessary «can do» attitude, team player spirit and act as a role model for others in line with Vifor Pharma values.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.