Location: Switzerland - Glattbrugg/Zurich
Function: Pricing and Market Access
Company: Vifor Pharma
Are you looking for a new challenge in a specialist pharmaceutical company? An opportunity has arisen to join Vifor Pharma at our operational headquarters in Glattbrugg. The position of Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) Lead in Orphan and Nephrology will have the ability to develop & successfully implement the Orphan and Nephro HEOR Plan including: resourcing requirements, prioritization of evidence generation activities.
This HEOR Lead in Orphan and Nephrology role will have the following responsibilities:
- Comprehensive HEOR strategy for Orphan and Nephrology Products in place, including PROs recommendation, Real-World Evidence, contribution to interventional Studies, etc)
- In alignment with the Head of HEOR and the HEOR Lead Iron Deficiency consolidate and execute the HEOR plan across all disease areas and market archetypes
- The HEOR strategy and plans are successfully integrated in the Access and Brand Plans and the HEOR role and expertise are fully embedded in the cross-functional team
Disease Area Focus
- Lead the development of HEOR evidence that supports business strategies and Market Access efforts for Orphan and Nephro.
- Develop and execute evidence generation activities (Clinical, Economic, PROs) leveraging Vifor’s Orphan and Nephro expertise, supporting Market Access strategies, engaging decision-makers, influencers, and stakeholders, in order to strengthen the brand value proposition and ensure patient access.
- Identify local evidence generation gaps, data sources and lead HEOR activities implementation across market archetypes
Communication & cooperation:
- Develops an effective collaboration with the Orphan and Nephro GCT and especially with the Access Lead for Orphan and Nephro to design and execute strategies that demonstrate product value and support Market Access
- Coordinates and collaborates with global, regional (if applicable) and country access and health economic experts (internal and external) to understand country-specific HEOR needs and opportunities and propose appropriate actions
- Expands analytical contributions to Orphan and Nephro priorities, incorporating epidemiology, patient demographics and relevant macro aspects of healthcare systems and payer requirements
- Proactively engages in defining potential health economics and outcomes research contributions to high impact commercialization activities, including segmentation, reimbursement, pricing, etc.
- Advises Market Access, Medical Affairs, and Clinical colleagues in the design of health outcomes/interventional and observational trials in Orphan and Nephro with health economic and Patient Reported Outcomes (PRO) endpoints in alignment with therapy and product value propositions for optimal impact on access decision-makers, influencers, and stakeholders
- Develops and/or keeps up-to-date health economic tools that are part of the Orphan and Nephro “core value tools” including BIM, CEM, GVD (AMCP & EUNetHTA format)
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience and knowledge, or the equivalent.
- Undergraduate degree in Health or Social Sciences
- PhD, MSc, or equivalent in Health Economics, Public Health, Health Policy, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Mathematics or related field
- 7 years of experience in health economics and/or outcomes research in pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in one or more key markets and disease areas would be ideal (including top 5 European and/or the US, as well as Iron Deficiency)
- Language requirement: English plus one other language ideally French, German, Spanish, Italian
We offer you an interesting and challenging opportunity in an international company. As a medium sized specialty Pharmaceutical company we work cross-functionally, with lean structures and an entrepreneurial mind-set. To achieve our goals we focus on solutions, effective processes and we constantly seek to improve our way of doing things. In response to our demanding environment we offer opportunities to bring forward ideas, lead change as well opportunities for personal development and growth. The company offers competitive terms and conditions.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.