Location: Switzerland - Glattbrugg/Zurich
Function: Regulatory Affairs
Company: Vifor Pharma
We are currently hiring a Head for the Regulatory Affairs Centre of Excellence in our global Regulatory Affairs team. In this role you will be the deputy to the Head Global Regulatory Affairs; and therefore a key leader in our growing team as we aim to further build and strengthen Vifor Pharma’s reputation as a star amongst Swiss specialty pharmaceutical companies. You will lead that includes International Regulatory, Regulatory Operations, Labelling & Clinical support.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Direct line management of 6 direct reports and a group of of 30+ employees
- Consultation with internal department product leads and cross-functional stakeholders to understand support requirements from the GRA Centre of Excellence
- Establishment of procedures to manage the operations activities in clear and transparent manner
- Review of tools and staff to ensure optimal support of operations activities
- Deputize for Head Global Regulatory Affairs on absence
- Take on special strategic projects and organizational responsibilities in consultation with Head Global Regulatory Affairs
- Functional representative to designated internal cross-functional governance committees as assigned
We would like to welcome the following experience and skills for the role:
- University degree in a scientific, medical or other relevant area
- 10 years pharmaceutical or biotech industry experience, at least 5 years with direct line responsibility
- Good knowledge of general regulatory requirements on a global level
- Strong understanding of IT systems in the pharmaceutical industry
- Extensive knowledge and experience managing operational support within pharmaceutical industry (submissions, eCTD, KM / RIM systems, etc.) is a plus
- Fluency in English
- Good communications and management skills
You are a candidate with a profound business knowledge, a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude, natural curiousity, an entrepreneurial approach, and an outgoing personality. You are effective at communicating with stakeholders at all level within an organization with tact, diplomacy, and influencing skills.
You have the ability to learn from mistakes and respond well to criticism and feedback. You are a committed team player and a pleasure to work with. Your leadership style is open and inclusive, empowering and motivating.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.