Location: Portugal - Amadora
Function: Quality Management
Company: OM Pharma
For our factory site in Portugal, we are currently looking for a new Head of Quality. In this challenging function, you supervise the Quality Department of approximately 25 people, and are in charge of the definition and implementation of the local quality strategy. Your responsibilities include:
- Definition, organization and coordination of all activities related to policy and strategic objectives in the areas of quality
- Establish and maintain the management system within the company and promotion of its continuous improvement
- Ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements and marketing authorizations
- Advise the general Management on quality management matters.
- Support different areas in compliance with legal requirements for quality, applicable to different processes, activities, products, and services of the company
- Establish, follow and revise the annual targets of the Quality Department
Monitor the performance of the Quality Department
- Establish and enforce the plan of internal audits (GMP, ISO)
- Ensure that raw materials and finished products are correctly processed and checked
- Follow up of audits and inspections from certifying entities, customers or authorities
- Promote the application of risk management tools
- Ensure the compliance of technical contracts with customers, suppliers and manufacturers
- Actively participate in the approval process and evaluation of suppliers and manufacturers
- Prepare the operating and investment budget of the Quality Department
- Lead and motivate the QM team by ensuring the development of individual and collective skills, translated in objectives and goals for team members
For this role, we are looking for a reliable and dynamic person with the following profile:
- University degree in Pharmacy, biochemisty, chemistry or similar
5 to 10 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Proven experience in a GxP environment in the management of quality systems and production, including FDA inspection exposure
- Previous experience in Senior position with people management with strong decision-making and communication skills
- Fluent in Portuguese and English both in oral and written conversation. Knowledge of French is an asset
You are a well organized and entrepreneur person, who likes to work in a very autonomous and rigorous way. Acting as a coach, you feel comfortable in training people and develop their skills to achieve performance. You feel comfortable in a leadership position, where you make decisions, and hold strong communication skills that enable you to convince others.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.