Location: Switzerland - Glattbrugg/Zurich
Function: Supply Chain
Company: Vifor Pharma
To develop a state-of-the-art lean procurement function at Vifor Pharma, we are searching for a Head of Global Procurement. In this senior function based preferably in our Headquarters in Glattbrugg, you will report directly into the Head of Global Technical Operations. This is a new role for the company and is expected to provide a procurement strategy and service across all functions and ensure that supplier relations and purchasing processes are harmonized, simplified and generate significant savings and efficiency improvements. The Head of Global Procurement will need to work effectively across all regions and functions and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Lead the Vifor Pharma purchasing group, review its structure, propose future set up for EC approval
- Propose roadmap and SMART objectives for its implementation
- Institutionalize a culture of continuous improvement within the global procurement organization
- Define and deliver on agreed improvements and savings as part of the mid-term plan
- Analyze current supplier landscape at Vifor Pharma and develop and execute procurement strategies for mid- and long-term planning in line with the company wide and departmental strategies for products, material and services
- Ensure compliance with respective requirements e.g. Anti-Bribery Anti-Corruption, GXP, etc.
- Ensure our supplier base lives up to our corporate social responsibility standards
- Continuously develop the capabilities of decentral purchasers in the sites and ensure excellent coordination and collaboration with stakeholders
- Evaluate contract service providers, (CMOs, CROs etc.) set-up on global level and negotiate contracts for strategic partners/suppliers
- Support decentral, site based purchasing teams for non-strategic supplier relationships
- Compose policies and strategies including risk management and mitigation based on business requirements and industry best practice, present to senior management for review, discussion and approval
- Support the conceptual design and implementation of processes for end-to-end procurement management
- Perform cost analysis and set benchmarks for continuous improvement
- Regularly review the supplier network and strive for complexity reduction through consolidation of suppliers to fewer, but more strategic partners
- Regularly visit key strategic suppliers and customers, including performance reviews of suppliers
- Set up and lead other strategic sourcing initiatives as required by the business or implied by the defined strategy
- Elaborate saving and synergy potential and lead/support contract negotiations and report on saving strategies and synergy projects on Vifor Pharma level
- Decision authority on all strategic procurement issues
For this complex role requiring goal-driven leadership and the ability to maintain a productive climate, we are looking for a candidate who can confidently motivate and know how to lead and influence in a matrix organization. Furthermore, you apply entrepreneurial thinking and spirit and show a very high level of integrity. The following requirements complete the profile:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Procurement or Supply Chain
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a senior procurement leadership position in a complex industrial business on an international basis
- Proven experience in leading contract negotiations
- Experience in implementing and leading continuous improvement initiatives – Lean, Six Sigma etc.
- Fluent in English and preferably also in German (written and verbally)
- Act as a role model for others in terms of the Vifor Pharma Values and continuously display a positive can-do attitude with a focus on the customers’ needs
- Proven track record of delivering efficiency improvements and savings on a cross functional basis
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.