Location: Switzerland - Villars-sur-Glâne/Fribourg
Function: Medical Affairs
Company: Vifor Pharma
In this function, you report directly to the General Manager of Switzerland and lead the Medical Department of approximately 15 people in our Swiss Commercial Affiliate. Your goal is to successfully develop and maintain strong relationships with KOLs and to manage all local medical and scientific activities across therapeutic areas in Switzerland. Your main responsibilities include:
- Personnel management and resource planning
- Responsible for Drug Safety, Medical Information, Medical Clearing, Staff training, lIT/observational trials as well as KOL management
- Provide leadership and be the key Vifor spokesperson to external and internal bodies on medical scientific issues related to Vifor products
- Participate in management of the local affiliate as member of the Country Management Team
- Integrate affiliate medical perspective into Global Teams
- Medical & scientific input into BDL & LCM projects
- Medical & scientific support of Marketing Department, including input in marketing plans and concepts
- Medical-scientific support for the registration department
- Release of promotional advertising material
- Training of internal field staff and marketing department
- Quality assurance and quality control within the department
- Interdisciplinary collaboration for cross-functional assignments
For this role, we are looking for a candidate with scientific and medical excellence who demonstrates excellent leadership, communication and presentations skills, bringing the following competencies:
- Medical Education (MD) or Pharmacy Education (PhD)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry in Medical Affairs, and/or Clinical Development at affiliate level
- Proven experience in direct people management with strong leadership
- Experience with clinical study management and conduct as well as with Swiss health care industry compliance regulations
- Proven relationship building skills with internal and external audiences
- German or French as mother tongue, with very good knowledge of the second language as well as of English both in written and spoken conversation
- Knowledge of commercialization and business practices as well as finance and budgeting experience
- Knowledge of Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance
You demonstrate a strong customer orientation and have the ability to continuously expand the market and the scientific knowledge. You are an innovative, determined and assertive person, who likes to work in a very efficient and autonomous way. You like to coach people to achieve performance and feel comfortable in a leader position, where you make decisions and act as an entrepreneur. Furthermore, your negotiation ability, analytical skills and strategic thinking enable you to act as a role model in line with Vifor values.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.