Location: Switzerland - Glattbrugg/Zurich
Function: Medical Affairs
Company: Vifor Pharma
To support one of our leading cardio renal products, we are seeking a Global Medical Lead, based at our office in Glattbrugg, Zurich. In this senior Medical Affairs position, you will be responsible to establish the global medical strategy, ensuring alignment with clinical development and the medical affairs team. In addition to this, you will lead activities to raise awareness around the related disease area. You will report directly to the Medical Lead Cardio-Renal and Iron Deficiency. Your tasks and responsibilities will include the following:
- Develop and execute the Global medical strategy for one of our leading cardio-renal products
- Establish a Global Network of leading Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and experts; related KOL management and activities tracking in the CRM
- Establish, manage and support advisory boards
- Create in depth medical and scientific insight into the therapeutic area
- Create disease and product awareness, externally and internally
- Develop the strategic positioning as a preferred therapeutic option for patients where treatment is indicated
- Develop and execute of the Global Medical Communication and Publication Plan
- Development, review and approve medical and scientific materials and programs, such as scientific symposia and advisory boards, educational tools, review and approval of marketing materials
- Develop and review educational programs and training materials for internal and external use, in accordance with guidelines and legal regulations
- Support Market Access in the develop of the brand value proposition
- Support company sponsored phase 3b and phase 4 studies
- Manage advocacy groups and medical societies, aligned with brand strategy
The ideal candidates holds an M.D. degree in addition to the following experience:
- Minimum of 10 years’ industry experience including Medical Affairs at affiliate as well as at HQ level
- Experience with regulatory, safety and legal implications of Medical Affairs activities
- Medical experience in product specific therapeutic areas
- Experience in develop a Life Cycle Management (LCM) plan and medical launching strategy
You demonstrate strong communication skills with the ability to efficiently and productively communicate orally and in writing. You have broad scientific medical knowledge which is continuously expanding. You work and champion ideas at an international level and apply entrepreneurial thinking and spirit in work. You examine and understand issues from multiple perspectives, readily see inter-relationships and take a systematic approach to successfully resolving all issues. You work in line with the Vifor Pharma values.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.