Location: Switzerland - Glattbrugg/Zurich
Function: Medical Affairs
Company: Vifor Pharma
In this critical role, we are seeking an experienced Medical Affairs professional to lead strategy and communication on Field Medical within Medical Affairs. In the position of Field Medical Lead, Centre of Excellence you will report to the Global Lead Medical Centre of Excellence. Your tasks will also include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Develop and implement a Field Medical strategy to be adapted to the local markets and in line with the Global Medical Affairs Plan
- Follow up with Affiliates on Global strategy and the development of local strategies to be aligned with the global Medical Affairs Strategy
- Develop and implement local and global training of Field Medical (e.g. Therapeutic Area, Soft Skills and Compliance)
- Support development of Medical Resources, ensure Field Medical Training on resources and country access and use of resources
- Develop and maintain of an e-learning medical training platform
- Maintain the Field Medical Community online
- Manage the Field Medical Community with regular face-to-face and teleconference meetings
- Support Country MSL leadership to ensure a successful training and development of local MSL plans
- Collaborate on utilisation and training of CRM and KOL management tools
We are seeking an experienced professional bringing and MD/PhD/MSc in a relevant scientific field in addition to the following experience:
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience, including Medical Affairs at affiliate and HQ level; experience as MSL or in field-based medical role in addition is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement MSL strategies on local markets
- Proven relationship building skills with key opinion leaders
- Basic understanding of medical aspects of therapeutic areas, e.g. iron deficiency, hyperkalemia, rare diseases, along with willingness to develop in-depth expertise
- Professional level in English, both in oral and in written communications; additional language skills in German, French or Italian is preferred
- Excellent user of Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Willing to travel
You bring vast experience in Medical Affairs activities and demonstrate medical and scientific excellence with broad knowledge in both areas and continuous expansion and learning ability. You bring outstanding strategic skills, combining a science-based marketing oriented approach. You work effectively in cross-functional teams, demonstrating strong teamwork skills in a multicultural environment, with the ability to champion ideas at both local and international level. You apply entrepreneurial thinking and spirit and readily examine and understand issues from multiple perspectives; identifying inter-relationships and taking a systematic approach to successfully resolving issues. You display strong organisation skills, deliver to commitments in a timely manner, while maintaining a strong customer orientation. You act as a role model for others in line with Vifor Pharma values.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.