Location: Germany - Munich
Function: Legal and Compliance
Company: Vifor Pharma
We are currently looking for a Data Privacy Lawyer who will be based at our site in Munich to support data privacy compliance of the Vifor Pharma Group. The responsibilities involve interacting with internal stakeholders from all areas of the multinational organisation. You will report to the Group Data Protection Officer and your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Providing training on data privacy compliance
- Advising on data privacy compliance of projects and business processes and on the associated data protection impact assessments
- Supporting the organisation in implementing data privacy measures such as consents, privacy notices, data processing agreements and SOPs
- Advising on handling data subject requests and coordinating responses
- Supporting the Group Data Protection Officer (located in Switzerland) in her role of overseeing and monitoring personal data processing activities of the Vifor Pharma Group, and serving as her deputy as required
- Assisting in developing resources such as guidelines, procedures, checklists and templates to support the organisation’s data privacy compliance
- Advising the entity which is appointed as the representative in the European Economic Area for data privacy matters and serving as its point of contact for data subjects and data protection authorities
- Assisting in maintaining the records of processing activities of the Vifor Pharma Group
- Advising on data privacy aspects of company initiatives on data governance
The ideal candidate has a degree in Law in addition to the following skills and experience:
- At least 2 years of experience advising on data privacy
- German, English: excellent knowledge, both oral and written. Other European languages would be a significant advantage
- Expert knowledge of EU data protection law and practices. Knowledge of data protection law of Switzerland and other jurisdictions would be an advantage
- Experience in auditing data privacy compliance
- Experience in a multinational organisation
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or other health industry
- Good understanding of information systems and technology
You have a positive can-do attitude, proven ability to take a pragmatic, risk-based, solution-oriented approach, to work independently, and to act with authority and conviction. You have good interpersonal and communication skills, both orally and in writing. You demonstrate leadership and organisational skills, you apply entrepreneurial thinking and spirit, show a high level of integrity and are a role model for others in terms of the Vifor Pharma values.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.