Location: Switzerland - Glattbrugg/Zurich
Company: Vifor Pharma
To support our Global Marketing Excellence team at our Operational Headquarters in Zurich, we are seeking a Competitive Intelligence and Market Research Management Director. Responsible for leading a team of four direct reports on all competitive intelligence (CI) and market research (MR) activities, you will support the decision making in Global Brand Teams (GBTs), supporting with relevant primary and secondary CI and MR activities, and the implementation of insights into brand strategies. Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing Excellence, your tasks and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Align with business analysis advice to frame key business questions to enable the identification of the respective information required and the development of corresponding research and analysis plan
- Inform and implement a strategic vision for the MR&CI team as thought partners and first-class practitioners of insight generation & delivery
- Translate insights to action through pragmatic, action-oriented delivery and knowledge sharing
- Focal point for GBTs’ insights needs
- Manage and improve insights process and budget
- Provide GBT with primary and secondary MR & CI for markets and customers, to develop strategy as well as operational level tactics
- Provide clear guidance and innovative, feasible solutions to manage complex and ambiguous scenarios structured problems
- Influence the development of strategic and tactical priorities through the planning process and ad-hoc analyses
- Build relationships with relevant partners and the Global Commercial Organisation (GCO) for joint insights efforts & knowledge sharing
Education and Leadership
- Contribute to the development of presentations and messages with clear storylines and concise conclusions and recommendations aligned with the strategies and key business imperatives
- Educate and share information, act as an experienced resource and a strategic advisor across brand portfolios
The successful candidate ideally holds a degree in business administration, statistics or a related education in addition to the following knowledge and experience:
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience related experience in previous position(s) within the Life Science or Pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong reporting & communication skills
- Strong familiarity with secondary research sources
- Structured, prioritised and diligent work approach
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks
- Knowledge of questionnaire design, data analysis techniques and statistics
- Relevant computer skills (PPT, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Professional level in English, both in oral and in written communications
You have strong analytical, strategic thinking and quantitative analysis skills. Combined with your rigorous research, synthesis and sense making capabilities, you thrive on complex and ambiguous scenarios. You examine and understand issues from multiple perspectives or points of view, readily see interrelationships and cause-and-effect relationships and take a systematic approach to successfully resolve all issues. You demonstrate intuition to recognise market changes and opportunities. You have excellent communication and power skills – storytelling, influencing, persuasion and able to influence people at senior levels in the organisation – and possess a high level of discretion. You have a creative and open-minded personality with leadership qualities, with the ability to engage and inspire people with future-oriented ideas and concepts. You facilitate cooperation of internal and external partners and take a proactive approach to identifying service support, information flow and process; resolves issues appropriately. You are willing to learn new approaches and adapt to change, leading by example in working together. You have strong organisation and time management skills and are reliable in completing tasks and delivering on commitments in a timely manner. You behave in line with the Vifor Pharma Values.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.