Location: UK - Bagshot/London
Company: Vifor Pharma
We are seeking a Business Intelligence Manager to develop business intelligence, data management, manage market research and forecasting models to support the creation of short, medium and long-term strategies. In this newly created position, you will report to the UK Marketing Director. Your tasks will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Analyse, interpret and present data to inform decision making across strategic and operational qualitative and quantitative projects using statistical analysis, knowledge management and strategic market insight
- Provide in depth reports on current and strategic market place factors on a monthly basis
- Maintain and develop a high level understanding of marketplace factors and be able to report and make appropriate recommendations to the senior and line managers on a routine basis
- Prepare detailed and considered reports (graphic and written) on all brand and market opportunities as required
- Assist in the market evaluation of new product licensing and market opportunities
- Assist in the evaluation of competitor activity across all relevant products and markets.
- Maintain up to date and accurate records and analysis of market/product categories and competitors as deemed strategically important for the company
- Produce annual market research and data plans in line with agreed company strategy to ensure there is a detailed understanding of market dynamics as well as patient, prescriber and payer attitude
- Responsible for producing the product forecasts for the compilation of the 5 year budget plan
- Manage the annual market research budget within agreed limits
- Coordinate market research programmes and data sourcing activities with Global in order to maximise synergies
You bring a university degree in a Scientific or Economics-related field, in addition to the following experience:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably 3 years’ experience in a Business Intelligence related position
- Significant experience of strategic and operational planning for GP or Hospital lead products
- Proven track record of developing and implementing UK operational plans for GP or Hospital lead brands
- Proven brand and supply forecasting abilities
- Basic understanding of medical aspects of therapeutic area, preferably cardiology, nephrology, gastroenterology, along with willingness to develop in-depth expertise
- Understanding of legal and ethical issues related to promotion of new and existing products in the UK
- Professional level in English, both in oral and in written communications
- Excellent user of Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
You have strong networking and stakeholder management skills, work effectively in a cross-functional environment and are able to influence and persuade senior managers, external opinion leaders and influencers in a credible fashion. You have outstanding analytical skills – science-based and marketing oriented – with a broad and continually expanding scientific and medical knowledge base, which enable you to examine and understand issues from multiple perspectives and take a systematic approach to resolving issues. You display strong organisation and time management skills and are reliable in delivering on commitment sin a timely manner. You are able to prioritise tasks and work under pressure, delivering results while maintaining flexibility to handle conflicting priorities. You act as a role model for others, in line with the Vifor Pharma values.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The company’s goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives. Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world. The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are.